Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

3 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

He honestly doesn’t. He’ll eventually trot over when the rest of the squad is there with the goal scorer but he’s never elated like others are when he scores. It’s evident in plenty of goals we’ve scored this season. 

But he was excellent today and perhaps it’s a confidence thing. We just want Ollie happy and scoring. 

He honestly does, he's always there, just need to drop the Bulls*** please.

Watkins can be reserved perhaps, but what does he have to do flippin handstands and star-jumps to ingratiate himself with those miserable few who just like to criticise?

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

If he did then it wouldn’t ever have been flagged. There’s no “Bulls***” from my side, I noticed it myself before I read it elsewhere. 

To clarify, it’s not an issue of him being “there” that people are referencing, of course he’s there, eventually. Barely ever the first to congratulate a team mate, trots over slowly after the others get there, It’s his body language. If he can get back to scoring regularly then I expect to see him looking and showing he’s more pleased when his team mates score, as it was never an issue last season, which coincides with him scoring loads, but if you watch our goals this season when someone else has scored you’ll see his body language doesn’t give the impression of someone who is overly pleased for his team mates. 

But you’re entitled to your view, of course. I’m not in for a debate. 

9 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Watkins can be reserved perhaps, but what does he have to do flippin handstands and star-jumps to ingratiate himself with those miserable few who just like to criticise?

He honestly doesn’t (although I think he did today so that’s a good sign).

This is a surprising issue to pick a big fight over. It’;s just pIain fact.

• Like 1

How does he go from, not being able to trap a ball for a run of games, and looking like he has next to no football brain,  to elegantly finishing finesse shots and one touch while running finishes, like a world beater ?

Our players are bipolar AF!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

Could have had 3 assist to go along with that quality finish. Just needed to see one go in. Think he is go going to go on a strong run to finish the season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Please stop trying to generate a pointless fight over this.

You say it's pointless but you see it on Twitter and here. Ollie gives his all for the shirt so my apologies if I get a little defensive when people question his desire. 

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Boo boys gonna boo…

Every single goal Villa score and Watkins is on the pitch he is there to congratulate with the team. Every. Single. Time.

This false notion that he slumps off to the corner and cast incantations has to stop as it is a fallacy purported by the few to which the sheep have followed.

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Boo boys gonna boo…

Exactly.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, roonst83 said:

If he did then it wouldn’t ever have been flagged. There’s no “Bulls***” from my side, I noticed it myself before I read it elsewhere. 

To clarify, it’s not an issue of him being “there” that people are referencing, of course he’s there, eventually. Barely ever the first to congratulate a team mate, trots over slowly after the others get there, It’s his body language. If he can get back to scoring regularly then I expect to see him looking and showing he’s more pleased when his team mates score, as it was never an issue last season, which coincides with him scoring loads, but if you watch our goals this season when someone else has scored you’ll see his body language doesn’t give the impression of someone who is overly pleased for his team mates. 

But you’re entitled to your view, of course. I’m not in for a debate. 

He strikes me as a modest guy who's got a calm temperament. There may be something to your views, I can only share my pov. I think he's just one to reserve his emotions as opposed to being  hyper excitable.

I did read, I think a quote from Gerrard, that Ollie is a humble guy. And that adds up for me. Added to this there being a tonne of competition for starting roles at Villa, and no doubt more to come. As long as he's contributing to performance and morale, can you begrudge him anything?

He always points to the badge and does a little celebration for the fans.

• Like 1

I thought was his best game of the season. Great goal but was more of a team player with Ings and was doing what he did last season again by being a nuisance

Im a Gerrard critic but apparently he sat down with Ings and Watkins before Brighton and apparently told them to grow up and its paying off

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I thought was his best game of the season. Great goal but was more of a team player with Ings and was doing what he did last season again by being a nuisance

Im a Gerrard critic but apparently he sat down with Ings and Watkins before Brighton and apparently told them to grow up and its paying off

Is that for real?

Really important that he finally has regained form. Gerrard rates him highly and has put a lot of trust in him, its just taken a while for him to start hitting the heights we know he has in his game.

Great turn and finish, should have had 2 assists too with two great chances put on a plate for the magician. Well played Ollie 👏 

3 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Imagine wanting to sell him

If he carries on like yesterday for the rest of the season I don’t want to sell him, if this is a one off or an occasional game then yeah I’d sell him.

He needs to play like this for the rest of the season and not how he has for most of this season so far.  

Yesterday was the old Ollie back!

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

If he carries on like yesterday for the rest of the season I don’t want to sell him, if this is a one off or an occasional game then yeah I’d sell him.

He needs to play like this for the rest of the season and not how he has for most of this season so far.  

Yesterday was the old Ollie back!

He looked so much sharper, something has changed for sure 

• Like 1

Â