Academy General Topic

smetrov

39 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Our youth beat a shanghai sipg u19 team 5-0 at bodymoor heath today. 

No idea who scored and can only assume this was a Dr tony fixture to promote the club and forge links in china. 

Good skills all round! 

Are they the side that just paid £60m for Oscar?

5 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Our youth beat a shanghai sipg u19 team 5-0 at bodymoor heath today. 

No idea who scored and can only assume this was a Dr tony fixture to promote the club and forge links in china. 

Good skills all round! 

Kelsey Mooney, Alex Prosser, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy and Jerrell Sellars (x2) were on target  according to something I saw on Facebook :) I didn't go

• Like 2

Ex Villan Calum Flanagan has signed for my hometown team Solihull Moors, I remember seeing him play for Aston Villa youth team and reserves, he was a good player (left back or centre back). He had a lot of injuries in his time at Villa, I didn't see him much but it was more than enough 

He's an OK footballer who was struggling to get games at Chelsea, he seems to be a proper name your price move whereas in Europe you could maybe say clubs have a range and numerous targets and make the best one happen, it seems incredibly narrow, they wanted him they got him, if it was say psg after him they'd make it to £40m before moving on

dunno yet how agents will bend it to make their client better paid here but it's all sit inevitable that they will

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's an OK footballer who was struggling to get games at Chelsea, he seems to be a proper name your price move whereas in Europe you could maybe say clubs have a range and numerous targets and make the best one happen, it seems incredibly narrow, they wanted him they got him, if it was say psg after him they'd make it to £40m before moving on

dunno yet how agents will bend it to make their client better paid here but it's all sit inevitable that they will

I think he's brilliant, so talented, wonderful poise and elegance on the football, I wish he still played in England, shame. He was a joy to watch for Chelsea and he scored a fair few past us. I also think he's good looking, I think I've mentioned that already *blush and giggle*

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I also think he's good looking, I think I've mentioned that already *blush and giggle*

I've been wondering all day if you were on the sauce, and I think I've found out the answer! :cheers:

Merry Christmas SGC, may you never lose your weird, infectious enthusiasm. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've been wondering all day if you were on the sauce, and I think I've found out the answer! :cheers:

Merry Christmas SGC, may you never lose your weird, infectious enthusiasm. 

Haha on that note, good night and Merry Christmas to all! :)

• Like 1

On 12/24/2016 at 09:16, sir_gary_cahill said:

Kelsey Mooney, Alex Prosser, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy and Jerrell Sellars (x2) were on target  according to something I saw on Facebook :) I didn't go

2 goals and an assist from Sellars in 55 mins of game time following up from a man of the match performance vs Fulham - his return game after 8 months on the sidelines. :)

1 minute ago, Michael118 said:

2 goals and an assist from Sellars in 55 mins of game time following up from a man of the match performance vs Fulham - his return game after 8 months on the sidelines. :)

Thank you Michael, he's very good, he's 21 years old now, he could still make a breakthrough :)

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thank you Michael, he's very good, he's 21 years old now, he could still make a breakthrough :)

I wanted us to give him an opportunity last season when manager after manager were persisting with Gestede and Ayew up front. One of my first posts on this site was suggesting him as an option. He wouldn't have done any worse and may actually have offered us something different and given us a much needed spark.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Poor old SGC - getting mocked for being positive and enthusiastic about our youth players. :wacko:

You don't deserve the ire mate.

Thank you, I won't ever stop, I'll still be doing it in my 80s and you know it!

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

Â