Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

We lost 6-1 to Fulham, Triston Rowe with our goal.

Scoreline not really surprising, given the line-up, and we were playing one of the better teams in the league, we started four U16s, and the rest of the team was made up mostly of first year scholars that for whatever reason haven't played much football at U18 level yet.

U16 Trai'varn Mulley made his first start at U18 level, Mark Asante Boakye, Vincent Hayward, and Alfie Lynskey all came off the bench for their debuts as well, Hayward and Lynskey are U15s so playing a couple of ages up, a sign that we rate them higly.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

On 18/02/2023 at 13:01, useless said:

U16 Trai'varn Mulley made his first start at U18 level, Mark Asante Boakye, Vincent Hayward, and Alfie Lynskey all came off the bench for their debuts as well, Hayward and Lynskey are U15s so playing a couple of ages up, a sign that we rate them higly.

Great names.

• Like 1

On 21/02/2023 at 14:31, useless said:

According to Peter O'Rourke via Football Insider we're giving a trial to Dundee and Scotland youth international U15 goalkeeper Alastair Graham.

@useless is on the ball as usual.

22 hours ago, BOF said:

@useless is on the ball as usual.

Under 18s can't join from Ireland (apart from the north) any more, another reason why we should buy a stake in a League of Ireland club to operate as a feeder club. I'd recommend Galway as they are owned by Villa fans (Comer Brothers, billionaires) who have ambitious academy plans. A link up would be mutually beneficial.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Under 18s can't join from Ireland (apart from the north) any more, another reason why we should buy a stake in a League of Ireland club to operate as a feeder club. I'd recommend Galway as they are owned by Villa fans (Comer Brothers, billionaires) who have ambitious academy plans. A link up would be mutually beneficial.

Sorry if I'm being stupid, but how does this rule work? If an Irish family move to the UK, they aren't able to register a child with a British academy?

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sorry if I'm being stupid, but how does this rule work? If an Irish family move to the UK, they aren't able to register a child with a British academy?

They can but it's not like the old days when 15 year olds would go over and stay in digs so the numbers going over have fallen massively.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Love Galway. Didn’t realise they were fans also! 

Our next game in two weeks time is Premier League Cup semi-final away to Charlton, they beat West Brom in quarter-final and are doing well in their league, but should be a good chance for us to reach the final if we put out a strong team.

Â