Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

Two of our players from last season's U14s that did well, have had their first international call-ups, Markie M and Vinnie Hayward both at the England U15 camp at the moment. I've seen brief highlights of them, both look very skilful and technical players, both attackers of some sort, Hayward scored the winner in the Albert Phelan South final against Albion.

Markie M is an interesting one as I think he's a year younger than Cole Ramsey, so has had this call-up earlier than normally would be expected, I think there are few things pointing to him being quite a promising one, so not surprised.

No idea if we have any others in there, apparently it's a small squad of eighteen with six on standby, so not many spaces.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, useless said:

Two of our players from last season's U14s that did well, have had their first international call-ups, Markie M and Vinnie Hayward both at the England U15 camp at the moment. No idea if we have any others in there, apparently it's a small squad of eighteen with six on standby, so not many spaces.

Apparently three of ours are in the squad, not sure who the third one is though.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Quite a new faces/names on there 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/teams/u18

no Triston Rowe? Or is he under 16 and they don't put youngsters online?

No Ewan Simpson either?

Triston Rowe is an u16 according to Useless, he’s played a few times for our u18s both this and last season I think 

• Like 1

Triston Rowe is an U16 by age, but I've no idea if the plan is to play him an age up, that's how he's started the season, it might be that they move him between the 16s and 18s, but normally  a player his age he would be playing for the U16s.

He's not on the official site as he doesn't reach scholarship age until next summer, and the club only put academy players' profiles on the official site when they've reached scholarship age and have signed scholarships with us, even if they're already playing for our U18s or U21s, Travis Patterson wasn't put on the site until this summer after he signed his scholarship, despite the fact that he'd been playing for our U21s last season, same for Kadan Young.

No idea why Ewan Simpson hasn't been added to the site, I think he should be scholarship age, only turned sixteen at the end of July but I think that's within the date range, unless they've changed it this year, maybe he just hasn't had his photo taken in the kit yet, and people running the site haven't got round to adding placeholder for him.

• Thanks 1

To be honest I've no idea, of the older academy players the obvious choices would be the likes of Kesler-Hayden, Iroegbunam, Bogarde, Aaron Ramsey, and so on, but then sometimes a player can come nowhere and do well put themselves into contention as was the case with Archer.

From the current scholars I have even less have an idea as have barely seen them play, the question for them is probably more can they emulate what the above did at academy age and if so take it from there, quite a few of them as individuals seems to be on the right track though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

To be honest I've no idea, of the older academy players the obvious choices would be the likes of Kesler-Hayden, Iroegbunam, Bogarde, Aaron Ramsey, and so on, but then sometimes a player can come nowhere and do well put themselves into contention as was the case with Archer.

From the current scholars I have even less have an idea as have barely seen them play, the question for them is probably more can they emulate what the above did at academy age and if so take it from there, quite a few of them as individuals seems to be on the right track though.

Apologies, I meant from the current scholars, sorry I wasn’t clear!

As I say don't have much of a clue, we know some of them are highly rated because of them having played ages up, being internationals, us paying big fees for them and so on, but that's all I have to go on as have barely seen most of them play.

Although from what I've seen of Kadan Young he looks like he has the potential to be a very good player, looks extremely promising, you could put him in the Youth Cup winning team and would probably have stood out.

• Thanks 1

On 24/05/2021 at 10:36, useless said:

Aston Villa have signed a second Bristol Rovers prospect in the space of a week, bringing in 13-year-old Bradley Burrowes to their own academy. Burrowes, a two-footed, tricky and explosive winger who can play on either flank, has been with the Gas since he was eight and follows 15-year-old Fishponds talent Kyrie Pierre in swapping north Bristol for Birmingham.

Bristol Post

Doing well it seems, Vinnie Hayward, and Markie M the other two Villa players at the camp.

• Thanks 1

Â