Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

It's been beautiful. We play some fantastic football going forward and our best players are so, so, good. All of the famous four have been brilliant and Chrisene, Bogarde and Raikhy have been excellent. Raikhy has grown so much as a footballer this season.

I'd take off Kesler, Barry, Chukwuemeka and Ramsey at half time.

Even though we can only bring on three.

• Like 2

Gotta say though, and this may be an unpopular opinion, although Barry seems a good goalscorer, in terms of technical ability i dont think he stands out above a few of our players, from the numerous times i have now watched Villa u23s, i would say there is 2-3 (maybe 3-4) players technically better than Barry from what i have seen.

Edited by MaVilla

2 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Do we know who the next round would he against, or is it yet to be drawn?

It's Newcastle, although Rego seems to think they've still to play Watford (who they beat in extra time a few days ago).

Young playing well, would like to see him get on the scoresheet, after his very good start to the season he has only scored twice this year, although to be fair to him he often plays for the U23s and then the U18s the next day so must get tired. Wouldn't mind seeing Hart off the bench, seems to be often amongst the goals from midfield for the U18s

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Gotta say though, and this may be an unpopular opinion, although Barry seems a good goalscorer, in terms of technical ability i dont think he stands out above a few of our players, from the numerous times i have now watched Villa u23s, i would say there is 2-3 (maybe 3-4) players technically better than Barry from what i have seen.

In terms of skills then yes. But the bit that he is brilliant at is finishing. He hits the ball early and with venom. Think of him as a slower Michael Owen i reckon.

Â