Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

Accomplished performance from the young bucks. You can see how the experience of playing in the U23s has really helped along the development of some of the young lads. Granted the opposition were a lot weaker than us, but you can only beat what's in front of you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Delaney, you mean. 

No, Smith.

Everything that doesn't go as some fans want is Smith's fault, apparently. 1st team lose, Barkley off form, bad weather at villa park, paper bill not paid on time, club cat running away after a poor run of mouse catching form....its all down to Smith. 

• Like 1

Just now, mottaloo said:

No, Smith.

Everything that doesn't go as some fans want is Smith's fault, apparently. 1st team lose, Barkley off form, bad weather at villa park, paper bill not paid on time, club cat running away after a poor run of mouse catching form....its all down to Smith. 

Good point, I'm in. And he's out. Shake it all about? 

• Haha 1

Today's result was the biggest win in the FA Youth Cup since Spurs beat Stevenage 10-1 in 2016. Whilst we're obviously a class above Burton, there will have been much bigger mismatches in this competition, so for us to record the biggest win in five years is very good going.

Scoreline speaks for itself, I thought everyone played well, Afoka looked raw and tried to do a bit too much at times, but showed some promise as well, reminded me a little of some of the others as they were at the start of the season in that sense.

• Like 1

Ramsey and Kesler looked to be the best in the group in that game for me. Seemed to dictate more than others and take control. 

Barry and Chukumweka clearly very talented players at that age whilst Raiky was a good watch as well. 

Shakpoke last week put a picture on his instagram of him in training gear and football boots with the caption 'two weeks' and a egg-timer. So hopefully that means he's nearing fitness now.

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Unbelievable. All from Rambo's work to chase that ball down again. Honestly, he can't be that far off the matchday squad - he's been excellent pretty much every game I've seen him. 

The coaches call him AJ, and Smith calls  Jacob JJ... Rambo will become too confusing when both in cm for us 

Â