Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

A great performance and some lovely goals. All technically very good but clearly have a lot of growing to do before they are ready for the first team. Clear stand outs are Kessler, Chukwuemeka, Ramsey and Barry. Really exciting. 

Edited by villarule123
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

The coaches call him AJ, and Smith calls  Jacob JJ... Rambo will become too confusing when both in cm for us 

Jacob is called First Blood, Aaron is Rambo: First Blood part 2 

In the long term benefits and interests for all for these youngsters need to be given a chance slowly but also now. I do not mean they should be starting but need to be given a chance to drive them to the next level. We know Elmo is gone in the summer and Kessler is having a stormer at the mo -so give him minutes.

AEG is frustratingly inconsistent - super talented match winner in patches then annoying & anonymous the rest of time. So long term we all know he isn’t the answer and hopefully JPB is the answer - so why not give him minutes now?!.

Carney id say also deserves a taster as this kid is the one who excites me most so far.

Not even mentioning A.Ramsey & Barry. We’ve currently got  6 including J.Ramsey amazing young prospects in and around the first team squad to hopefully serve us over the coming years which excites me more than superstar signings TBH.

Then we’ve got the next layer in years to come in Swinkels, Bogarde, Chrisene, Shapoke also. Future could be golden claret & blue !

I Just hope Smith agrees As being a arbitration of a season in no fans etc then less pressure on them as well surely to showcase their talents? 

Edited by thabucks

8 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Cole must be Last Blood???

Depends if Mr. Ramsey has had the snip or not.

Personally, I think we should be funneling cash into his golden testes - figuratively speaking, of course.

Something, i have on my mind that, has me thinking.

There seems to be a divisive opinion on our youth, particularly the stand out ones.....some say we should be playing them, some reports suggest every club and his grandmother are trying to nick them off us, due to their exceptional potential and some are actually fearful of us losing some, such is their ability....and some say they are not ready for us.

Now, I am not a discerning voice on youth football, hence my point, being a question and not meant to be a loaded one.....but are our stand out players that far behind Jude Bellingham, because that kid is ready for any team, Imo...he does look that good.

He 17 much like ours who some say are not ready, and him playing quarter final champions league and looking like their best player....something is amiss for me are ours over hyped, just asking? ....why are they not stepping up? With such glowing reports.

there does seem a  disparity here beween our youth and Jude?......are our kids just fabulous and him from another planet, or do we moddly coddle ours too much.?

Or is Jude, so physically developed for his tender age?

Edited by TRO

On 14/04/2021 at 20:05, useless said:

I would give Chukwuemeka that first goal and therefore his hat-trick, was going to go in anyway.

Is he far behind Jude Bellingham standard?

23 hours ago, villarule123 said:

A great performance and some lovely goals. All technically very good but clearly have a lot of growing to do before they are ready for the first team. Clear stand outs are Kessler, Chukwuemeka, Ramsey and Barry. Really exciting. 

So what makes Jude B so far ahead of this talented bunch at a similar age?

Bellingham has had a full season at championship level and is now playing for Borussia Dortumd in the champions league, so he's obviously further along in his development than Chukwuemeka. But I don't think there's anything to be gained by comparing our academy players to Bellingham, him doing as well as he has done at such a young age is very rare, pretty much every academy in world football would in trouble if they were doubting their young players just because they aren't doing as well as Bellingham.

Different players develop at different rates, there are players now that will be around seventeen or eighteen that none of us have heard of, aren't playing first team football, but in around five or six years will be considered amongst some of the best players around.

It's also worth remembering that Bellingham also benefited from being at a struggling championship club, so it was easier for him to be given a chance. I like him as a player, so not saying this to put him down, but there will players the same age as him who hardly any of us have heard of that will go on to have a better career, so again goes back to the  thing of youngsters developing at different rates.

• Thanks 1

Partly due to the position that he plays and partly due to his physical development in the past season, I think Barry is the most ready to be involved. I think it’s harder for a young player to make an impact in midfield or defence because it is so physical. I really believe that Barry could score goals now if he got a chance.

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Partly due to the position that he plays and partly due to his physical development in the past season, I think Barry is the most ready to be involved. I think it’s harder for a young player to make an impact in midfield or defence because it is so physical. I really believe that Barry could score goals now if he got a chance.

Yep its probably why none have been brought up yet, its more likely one if the attacking players that will play first

More senior players have struggled playing defence or centre midfield in the Premier League and i dont think management would risk crushing the confidence of the players

Â