Academy General Topic

smetrov

Finished 2-0 to Arsenal, we lined up with: 

1- Akos Onodi (gk)- he looked more than decent, quite stylish, has potential- 8

2-Luke Ige (rb)- played out of position, he’s usually a centre back, he works hard- 7

6- Ethan Patterson (cb)- reminds me and Noel of John Terry, he’s a leader and captain, will be great in a few years, today although we lost comprehensively, he can hold his head high- 8

5- Harrison Sohna (cb)- decent performance from him, he’s good in the air and has good awareness, will improve over the coming years, you can see why he’s played for England schools- 7

3- Charlie McConachie (lb)- he’s usually a right back but filled in at left back today, he always puts a good shift in, he’s tenacious and strong in the tackle- 7

7- Tyreiq Wright (rw)- very good winger, has a trick or 2 and is very quick- 7

8- Indiana Vassilev (cm)- good technical ability, can run with the ball at pace and has good skills- 7

4- Myles Sohna (cdm)- shields the back 4 and protects the defence, does a good job, I might’ve gotten the Sohna brothers mixed up, apologies if I have- 7

10- Ben Guy- good talent, has good ability on the ball- 7

9- Aaron Pressley (st)- holds the ball up well, needs to add goals to his game, I think he will- 7

12- Cameron Archer- he works hard and has good ability (sub)- 6

11- Colin Odutayo (lw)- has a lot of ability on the ball but I think he lacks the work ethic or attitude to go further- 7

14- Jack Birch (cm) sub- should be starting for me, good ability, should impose the game more- 6

? - Charlie Farr- can’t remember what number he was, came on and did well 

Arsenal had some wonderful players and dominated most of the match, they fully deserved to win, they won 2-0 but we played well, can hold their heads up high

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

£4 for adults, don’t know how much for concessions

I'll wait until its cheap.😀

seriously, let me know if we have a tough tackling no nonsense player playing regularly and I would go down.....a good DM on the way up, is worth following for me.

All this hairy, fairly standing off stuff, like its a testimonial does my head in.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Really good game of football that. There's a lovely balance to this youth team with a busy forward, two dangerous wingers and a proper balanced midfield - a ball player who can graft and a grafter who can play a ball with a calm sensible head behind them - it's a really good blend.

I thought both teams going forward had a little too much for their opposition - Reading hit the woodwork three times in open play (and once more from an offside position) and whilst I thought we deserved the win overall, 4-1 was a bit harsh on them.

For us, I thought three stood out.

• Jacob Ramsey is a class act. He's got a bit of everything to him - he's very good on the ball, he's aggressive, he makes good runs into good positions and he scores goals, he'll do his defensive work and he'll run with anyone - what's more (TRO) is that he's got a bit of spite to him, there's a little bit of steel - if you give him one, he'll give you one back. I've seen him three of four times now and each time he's impressed me a little bit more. A proper prospect.

• Indiana Vassilev, the other half of that midfield duo, won't necessarily get the plaudits, but the work he gets through is incredible, he's absolutely non-stop, he's pressing, he's running into space, he's running with the ball, he just never stops, it must feel like you're playing against the bad guy from the Matrix - it's hard to believe there's only one of him. He can play a fair bit too. I will confess that one of the reasons this makes me happy is that there is every reason to believe that we might have to say the name Indiana Vassilev a lot more in future; a world of pun fun awaits.

• Colin Odutayo is on a one man mission to make Colins exciting. I thought he was electric today, I've seen his quick feet before, but I hadn't realised quite how rapid he is - there were a few occasion where balls were played out to the full back on the sideline and Colin got to them five yards ahead of him - they couldn't deal with his pace and when he got in good positions he made some good decisions - a good finish for the first goal and good work in setting up chances for others, including the second goal. 

Sadly the game ended on a sour note - it'd been hard fought throughout with a few little push-and-pulls and little words here and there; there had been one or two fierce challenges and a smattering of Reading yellow cards - in the 90th minute, right over in the far corner, Odutayo roared passed the right back at 300mph and cut inside him and the tired Reading defender simply booted him into the air as hard as he could. He was down for around three minutes and left the field carried on a stretcher after the final whistle with his head in his hands and a big yellow cast on his right leg. I hope it's not too bad, but it looks like a nasty one.

The game didn't deserve that, it was a cracking game of football - it ebbed and flowed and Reading deserve great credit for their attitude to the second half, where they really took the game to us - it's not easy to do that when you're three down in a cup game - we look balanced and we've got a handful of players with potentially bright futures. As a spectacle I enjoyed it as I would imagine did the watching Dean Smith.

We'll have Bournemouth or Oxford away in the next round. I think Oxford have a plastic pitch. 

thats my boy....will have to keep an eye on him.

• Like 1

Â