Academy General Topic

smetrov

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We as Aston villa fans, need to understand what academy players are all about.

as a fan that was brought up on Gordan Cowans, Brian Little, John Gidman, Keith Leonard And Gary Shaw......we need to understand the levels that are attributed to quality.

Our standards have slipped, sorry guys.

we have just seen this afternoon a 17 year old show a bunch of premiership trained players and in some cases internationals, how to do it......no i am not going to apologise, thats the state of play.

dumped on our arses, by a kid.

if it was our kids....it would be a hue and cry of how young they were and how unfair the criticism is.....we need to shape up and call it as it really is.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TRO said:

We as Aston villa fans, need to understand what academy players are all about.

as a fan that was brought up on Gordan Cowans, Brian Little, John Gidman, Keith Leonard And Gary Shaw......we need to understand the levels that are attributed to quality.

Our standards have slipped, sorry guys.

we have just seen this afternoon a 17 year old show a bunch of premiership trained players and in some cases internationals, how to do it......no i am not going to apologise, thats the state of play.

dumped on our arses, by a kid.

if it was our kids....it would be a hue and cry of how young they were and how unfair the criticism is.....we need to shape up and call it as it really is.

Sessegnon is one of the elite prospects in the whole of world football. He's got more and better first-team experience than Bale had at the same age. He'll almost certainly move to a PL top six side this summer. 

I get it, it's disappointing that he was so good (I assume; I didn't see the game) but it's hardly surprising. Just because we don't have anyone who might well go on to be one of the best players in the world doesn't mean our own academy products don't have a role to play. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

On Thursday, we are playing Ipswich in the Premier League Cup (7pm kick off) at Villa Park, it was announced on the tannoy at the end of the game last night, I'm going, will do a report

Oh good, another reason for O'Hare to stay out of the first team.

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Oh good, another reason for O'Hare to stay out of the first team.

:) he is only young, he needs games at his age, this is a good platform for him, it could be quite a strong side for an u23 tournament with the likes of Rushian Hepburn-Murphy and Mitchell Clark possibly featuring

15 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

On Thursday, we are playing Ipswich in the Premier League Cup (7pm kick off) at Villa Park, it was announced on the tannoy at the end of the game last night, I'm going, will do a report

SGC - I think that one might be Hednesford Town rather than Villa Park. I'll have a bit of a check.

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I'm pretty sure it's Hednesford too, unless it has changed since the first team match. 

It is....my brother-in-law offered me tickets to go.

• Like 1

Â