Academy General Topic

smetrov

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm sure last year th final was shown live on YouTube or Facebook, I definitely watched it, 10.30am kick off

The whole tourno is shown on YouTube live.

they've just started streaming the four finals matches. Currently halfway through the first half of Leverkusen vs Wellington 

we're on last (reckon around 1030am approx)

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The whole tourno is shown on YouTube live.

they've just started streaming the four finals matches. Currently halfway through the first half of Leverkusen vs Wellington 

we're on last (reckon around 11am)

How do I find this on YouTube. Villa's next game starts at the same time as my Mrs will start watching a really crap show. You beauty I'll watch it on my phone. 

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

How do I find this on YouTube. Villa's next game starts at the same time as my Mrs will start watching a really crap show. You beauty I'll watch it on my phone. 

Just search Hong Kong soccer 7s 2017 and look at the most recent live streams

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

• Like 2

On 2017-5-17 at 19:57, Junxs said:

Interesting to see both Barry Bannan and Jonathon Hogg up against each other in the playoffs right now. Then you think about Daniel Johnson and Callum Robinson both finishing above us with Preston. Jordan Graham rated very highly by Wolves fans too. Boaz Myhill would walk into the team right now too.

I think we are too quick to get rid of our promising youth.

Perhaps the club needs to look at whoever is making these decisions, or the criteria we use to make them, as we do seem to be losing some talented players. These players are performing better than some of our present players. 

The problem with youth players as most top flight clubs nowadays is there's too much at stake to blood a load of youth as it could cost points and ultimately cash. 

Also, whilst a player may look good at youth level against similar sized players both physically and mentally, it's a different game once you're playing first team, top level football.

This is why I think we see a fair few drop a few levels for several seasons to grow both physically and experience wise. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

4 finals matches?

i know they've done a legends game this morning (hendrie and heskey played) but what else is there?

It's a typical 7s tournament set up.

it guarantees each team plays a number of matches and also allows for some recovery time for the teams in the main final.

i like the fact that even if you don't progress in the main competition you can still have a shield to play for.

rugby 7s is similar too.

also means the crowd always have something to watch!

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

Physically dominated. Much stronger than us.

Totally.

our best players have been Mitchell, O'Hare and McKirdy but all three are very slightly built and short.

leicester players certainly look taller and physical.

disappointing end to a positive tournament 

• Like 1

Good to see a few Villa shirts in the crowd on the locals.

Also makes me want to go back to Hong Kong! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i know they've done a legends game this morning (hendrie and heskey played) but what else is there?

Who said that calling guys legends was banded about to freely these days

:trollface:

Â