Mask Watch!

Demitri_C

54 minutes ago, villakram said:

Flying over here lately where masks are compulsory.

Wear your mask when boarding, and initially when you sit. As Delta are leaving the middle row empty, no-one had any issue with masks being slipped down/off. Put it back up when food/beverage service is coming or if you have to use toilet. Not that big of a deal at all.

Security is funny, as everyone is masked up but has to slide them down so that they can verify you vs your id pic, which always looks exactly like you do today! 

Mostly just common sense and try not to be an arse.

Thanks for this.

Im travelling to cyprus with wizz so im hoping like you they leave the middle seat empty as its going to be the worst if not. And i dont see how your being kept apart if there is no gap.

Was hoping you might get a lil breather kn plane. Cant imagine id be able to sleep with the bloody thing on!

I had a trip to Morrisons today and didn't see a single customer without a mask, which was a pleasant surprise. One or two people lifting them up to talk, but much better than I expected.

I did cause a bit of a fuss by refusing to be served by checkout staff not wearing a mask and waiting until one with a mask-wearer was free though. I reckon maybe a third of staff were wearing a mask, which was pretty disappointing, I still think it's absurd that there's an exception people who spend far more time in there, exposed to far more of the general public.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I had a trip to Morrisons today and didn't see a single customer without a mask, which was a pleasant surprise. One or two people lifting them up to talk, but much better than I expected.

I did cause a bit of a fuss by refusing to be served by checkout staff not wearing a mask and waiting until one with a mask-wearer was free though. I reckon maybe a third of staff were wearing a mask, which was pretty disappointing, I still think it's absurd that there's an exception people who spend far more time in there, exposed to far more of the general public.

Do they not have screens in front of them?

Went to a big supermarket on my own for the first time since "you know when" last Wednesday. All went well and I've noticed an added benefit to wearing a face mask; i can mouth the word "clearing in the woods" at anyone getting in my way or just being ignorant of the 2 metre rule without them noticing.

Very therapeutic!

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Do they not have screens in front of them?

They have perspex screens directly in front of them, but not in between them and the place customers actually stand to bag their goods, which seems pretty poorly thought out to me.

It was pretty good in Sainsbury's this afternoon.  They had very welcoming staff on the door and everyone inside was wearing a face covering of some sort.  It was a lot quieter than usual too so I suspect many have gone back to the online food shopping. I felt it uncomfortable at first and a bit self-conscious but when I realised that everyone was feeling the same, it was completely fine (apart from ending up with a sweaty face!). 

I may have posted this before but I was in the same Sainsbury's during the peak of infections to get the essentials in and some word removed (yes, I typed that out) decided that it was a good idea to take off their face mask to have a good cough. Well done to them for putting on the mask in the first place but  :bang:

Edited by trekka

Sainsburys have said they won’t be enforcing the mask rule. Thats up to them I suppose. 

Stafford Tesco was fully masked up and only one or 2 words removed with them below the nose. 

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Sainsburys have said they won’t be enforcing the mask rule. Thats up to them I suppose. 

Stafford Tesco was fully masked up and only one or 2 words removed with them below the nose. 

It's interesting as I also read that Asda won't be enforcing it.  According to my folks, they were handing them out on the entry to anyone walking in without one saying "put this on please".  Not sure that's really enforcing it but it's better than not trying at all I suppose. 

A couple of the supermarkets have said it’s not their responsibility to enforce legislation.

Let’s see if they stick to that line when I walk out with a bottle of whisky.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats the other reason so we all like ninjas and surgeons? 😝

I think we all look like a bit of a Hostel turnout, which is either good or bad 

In my local Morrisons earlier on Thursday (day before the new rule came in), maybe 50% of customers had masks - some not covering noses, mind. But almost none of the staff. Not only checkout operators, but all the shelf stackers, moving among the customers - with no attempt at social distancing - were maskless. The girl on the coffee takeaway had a perspex visor - but wore it raised. Bit of a shambles, tbh. 

Â