Mask Watch!

Demitri_C

Just now, Tegis said:

I've never understood why they do that. Whats the worst that can happen, nothing? It's a good thing we are pretty standoffish or we'd be a lot worse than we currently are, and it's not been great.

It's really strange.

I always get the feeling that this is a personal crusade for Tegnell and his colleges. It's them against the world. 

59 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

"On Ilkley Moor bart mask, On Ilkley Moor bart mask"

I don't why I just thought of that or felt the need to post it. I think I've been inside far too long 🤪

Somewhat OT, but it's quite amusing that there are loads of people who have only heard of Ilkley because of that song, and they probably think of the place as being all 'flat caps and whippets', when in fact it's VERY middle class (and rather expensive) - hence the Booths. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

but what if its not Steve ?????

Mmmmmm?

Do the chicks still dig Pattinson?

Would need a corset.

Jack Black?

What tubby and balding celebrity would attract stunning and preferably willing girls between 20-30?

I'd say for a friend, but it's for everyone really.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Could I have that list of girls aged 20-30 once compiled please. 

We need to work out who's the most eminently shagable and easily impersonated celeb before we can start making a list? :detect:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I've seen on Facebook (yeah, I know) a LOT of people saying they won't wear masks, as it infringes their 'rights'. Not to mention plenty of claims that COVID-19 is a 'hoax' and is no difference from flu. Some of them (supposedly British posters) reference WWG1WGA, so I suspect a Russian(?) bot dirty tricks campaign is ramping up. 

I find it absolutely bizarre that masks is what people are complaining about. Lockdown was infringing our rights but everyone accepted it. Social distancing is infringing our rights. Why did nobody care about that?

I wouldn't be surprised if it's something to do with people having it drilled into them that face coverings are bad in terms of religion/race. Not sure it's a coincidence that it seems to be mainly the right wing who are against the masks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Somewhat OT, but it's quite amusing that there are loads of people who have only heard of Ilkley because of that song, and they probably think of the place as being all 'flat caps and whippets', when in fact it's VERY middle class (and rather expensive) - hence the Booths. 

"Flat caps & whippets?" Luxury.

Now in my day..........

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sne said:

It's really strange.

I always get the feeling that this is a personal crusade for Tegnell and his colleges. It's them against the world. 

I think in this case all the Scandi countries are on a unity ticket regarding masks, Sweden is not an outlier. I think their thinking is that masks give people a false sense of security when they should be practicing social distancing/hand washing when out and staying at home if sick. 

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I find it absolutely bizarre that masks is what people are complaining about. Lockdown was infringing our rights but everyone accepted it. Social distancing is infringing our rights. Why did nobody care about that?

I wouldn't be surprised if it's something to do with people having it drilled into them that face coverings are bad in terms of religion/race. Not sure it's a coincidence that it seems to be mainly the right wing who are against the masks

I dont think people accepted the lockdown as such it was more the fear factor surrounding the virus

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think people accepted the lockdown as such it was more the fear factor surrounding the virus

And now it's swung back the other way. Lots of people who don't personally know anybody who's had it now think it doesn't really exist. 

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

I think in this case all the Scandi countries are on a unity ticket regarding masks, Sweden is not an outlier. I think their thinking is that masks give people a false sense of security when they should be practicing social distancing/hand washing when out and staying at home if sick. 

Yeah maybe, still seem odd to me the way Tegnell and his colleges are handling it since no one is suggesting that if you wear a mask you can ignore everything else.

You wear it while continuing to do all the things you hopefully have been practicing all along. It's extra protection, if not for you but for the people you meet.

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This.  I manage a small team and once lockdown commenced I was having people phoning me up crying asking how can they get their shopping as they're too scared to go out. It was a horrible time, not because of the lockdown, but because people were genuinely scared.  I myself had a wobbly knowing that someone in my team had symptoms and that I had been in close contact (thankfully it was fine). During that time I slept terribly and often woke up with anxiety. It wasn't the lockdown itself as I could work from home (we have a good home setup with video chats, chat rooms etc on the go), I had sorted out food shopping deliveries, and I made the effort to keep in touch with friends and family.  It was more of the unknown seeing the updates from the Italian hospitals and the horrific coverage on Sky News thinking it could be any one of us next. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

And now it's swung back the other way. Lots of people who don't personally know anybody who's had it now think it doesn't really exist. 

Yeah and thats the big issue. Your always going to have some that dont believe it exists ubtil they or someone close to them gets it and then it might be too late

We are now in the middle of hurricane season. I can’t see the borders properly reopening until it’s over because we are basically Covid free and if it’s reintroduced at a time we all have to shelter it’s going to be a real problem. 

Todays been a bit crap.today went to a few shops two clothes shops and i went in with mask. But then as they were small shops people who didnt wear masks they let them in without even mentioning  a mask.

I suspect places like this are so scared of losing any further business they wont mention anything about the mask in fear that somone will just leave the store.

I went into town today, with my mask. My mate Bob in Probe records told me he wasn't enforcing it because he'd already been threatened by two different groups of scallies this morning for challenging them. Can't say I blame him tbh, it's his shop but he's often on his own in there.

Marks and Spencers, checks at the door but the amount of people that then took them off again or put them around their chin once they got in was a bit alarming

Â