Mask Watch!

Demitri_C

I don't like to judge people based on a single moment of online madness. They could be posting while having a bit of an episode, while pissed, or just be mentally impaired. In this case, it turns out he's the editor of Brietbart London, so I assume all 3 apply.

As well as clearly being a word removed, as demonstrated above, he thinks climate change is a hoax, yet interestingly, opposes wind turbines because they're bad for the environment.

Delingpole has described himself "as a member of probably the most discriminated-against subsection in the whole of British society—the white, middle-aged, public-school-and-Oxbridge educated middle-class male."

Basically, if you had to pick a single picture to sum up the phrase "absolute word removed", he's definitely in the running.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Delingpole has described himself "as a member of probably the most discriminated-against subsection in the whole of British society—the white, middle-aged, public-school-and-Oxbridge educated middle-class male."

Discriminated against to such a severe degree that they run the country. 

Didn’t see a single person in Tesco yesterday without a mask. What a difference a week makes. 
Of course, social distancing is now completely out the window as a result. :bang:

Bad day today hardly anyone wearing a mask in aldi. Seems like the novelty has worn off for a majority of people here.

A bloke coughing all over the place as well.  FFS STAY INDOORS OR WEAR A MASK !

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Bad day today hardly anyone wearing a mask in aldi. Seems like the novelty has worn off for a majority of people here.

I just wrote in the virus thread that I popped into a shop for a drink for my lad this evening and didn’t realise I wasn’t wearing a mask until about half an hour ago.

I’m really annoyed with myself. I can’t remember if anyone else was in the shop, I did notice one of the 2 staff weren’t wearing a mask, obviously nobody mentioned anything. 

Well I had an insane individual today. Not mask related but hand sanitizer.  I was to the rear of the store and the other worker she was up front. I heard the request to have a squirt of hand sanitizer. With a little bit of discussion. Came to the front and everyone was cool. Noticed the man had a mask on but his nose was hanging out. I asked very politely to cover up the nose. He exploded with all the nonsense. Hoax, blown out of proportion, leftist this that and the other. Called my associate “a leftest b***ch. I advanced on him to open the door and get him to leave. My colleague who is maybe 5ft jumped in between me and the insane individual. He was screaming for me to back up. He eventually left. The issue that my colleague had and maybe the guy had was in my right hand was a hammer and in my left hand a 16 inch 4x2. I had been adjusting the height of some shelves on a bookcase. So potentially I maybe looked a little threatening. Oh how we laughed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Genie said:

I just wrote in the virus thread that I popped into a shop for a drink for my lad this evening and didn’t realise I wasn’t wearing a mask until about half an hour ago.

I’m really annoyed with myself. I can’t remember if anyone else was in the shop, I did notice one of the 2 staff weren’t wearing a mask, obviously nobody mentioned anything. 

I did that on way to gym ti get a drink but realised as i was walking in. I just walked out tbh. I dont think they would have said anything though. 

Places that i have noticed that are really strict with masks are better shops. All the ladbrokes i have been in have really got on to people and refused to serve them unless they get a mask

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It was meant to be betting wasn’t it.

I mean, I’ve never seen Ladbrokes described as one of the better shops, and I’m from what’s generally referred to as a shithole.

Yeah betting* typo demglish strikes again

• Like 1

I like aa bet on the football now and then, but going in to one of those depressing shitholes has never appealed. I did once to take advantage of an in-person only offer, and it was genuinely quite upsetting seeing the state of some people in there in the middle of the day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I like aa bet on the football now and then, but going in to one of those depressing shitholes has never appealed. I did once to take advantage of an in-person only offer, and it was genuinely quite upsetting seeing the state of some people in there in the middle of the day.

Yeah i see why you feel like that. Id rather not do bets online as i think becomes more a habit. For me if i am out and there is a lil bet i fancy ill go in be a couple mins and out.

Tbh the  betting shops have been DEAD since post lockdown. I think a lot of them will shut down which would be good if there wasn't online gambling 

18 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think so much has come out already about it being unenforceable and nothing happenign if you don't wear one that people just don't care.

People don't care about protecting others. They care about protecting themselves and whether they'll get in trouble for not protecting others.

I guarantee if there was hard evidence that a mask protects YOU, then the vast majority would wear one.

But it just protects everyone else? **** 'em

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

Â