Mask Watch!

Demitri_C

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think so much has come out already about it being unenforceable and nothing happenign if you don't wear one that people just don't care.

People don't care about protecting others. They care about protecting themselves and whether they'll get in trouble for protecting others.

I guarantee if there was hard evidence that a mask protects YOU, then the vast majority would wear one.

But it just protects everyone else? **** 'em

One of the comments on the twitter post was along the lines of “**** em I’m not wearing one”, then someone replied, then the first person said she had it in March so didn’t care. 
Sums your point perfectly. People are selfish, which is something that has been heavily underlined this past year. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

Yep, I popped to the local shop this afternoon.  As I was stood outside dutifully putting on my mask before going in, a taxi driver got out of his car outside.  Coughing all the way as he goes in without a mask, he walks straight to the counter (ignoring one-way markings and shuffling past people) to get his fix of tobacco.  "See ya later mate" he shouted as he walked out.  Whilst I was there another couple of people seemingly oblivious to the rules walked in without a mask and carried on as if everything is normal.  There are some very selfish / stupid people around.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, trekka said:

Yep, I popped to the local shop this afternoon.  As I was stood outside dutifully putting on my mask before going in, a taxi driver got out of his car outside.  Coughing all the way as he goes in without a mask, he walks straight to the counter (ignoring one-way markings and shuffling past people) to get his fix of tobacco.  "See ya later mate" he shouted as he walked out.  Whilst I was there another couple of people seemingly oblivious to the rules walked in without a mask and carried on as if everything is normal.  There are some very selfish / stupid people around.  

Portsmouth?

55 minutes ago, Genie said:

One of the comments on the twitter post was along the lines of “**** em I’m not wearing one”, then someone replied, then the first person said she had it in March so didn’t care. 
Sums your point perfectly. People are selfish, which is something that has been heavily underlined this past year. 

Yep. 

Everything around Covid has emphasised to me how selfish so many people are.

People just think about themselves. Even back to the old sunbathing argument. People were completely missing the point about how unsafe sunbathing was because they were thinking it just applied to them sunbathing on their own in the park. Not seeing the bigger picture.

It's not necessarily malicious. It's just everyone lives in their own little world and they don't think about how things can affect others.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. 

Everything around Covid has emphasised to me how selfish so many people are.

People just think about themselves. Even back to the old sunbathing argument. People were completely missing the point about how unsafe sunbathing was because they were thinking it just applied to them sunbathing on their own in the park. Not seeing the bigger picture.

It's not necessarily malicious. It's just everyone lives in their own little world and they don't think about how things can affect others.

This is why if there was a zombie apocalypse we would be doomed for the reason you just highlighted

For the first time, near 100% mask compliance (customers and aisle staff - but NOT checkout staff) in Morrisons this morning. Although several elderly people still covering mouth only, not nose. 

I've been into shops several times without a mask, not because I don't want to wear one but just because I still haven't got into the habit of wearing one.

Went Tesco the other day with a mask in my back pocket, it was only when I got back home that I realized I had forgot to put it on.

Just about to go and get myself a drink in for tonight (big weekend coming up, gotta prep my liver for the pounding its going to be taking), mask in back pocket, I'll make sure I remember to shove it over my hooter this time.

First pre season training yesterday, ran into the corner shop in which there were 3 people wearing masks. I’d completely forgotten about needing one as I ran in.

Aldi today I heard two women across the isle stating how they couldnt breath wearing the masks. Sounded fine and didn’t look out of breath, my opinion that they have read it does hinder breathing and they now think it regardless of what was actually happening to them. I was just hot wearing mine. 

I'm fine when I am just popping into a shop and I'm only getting a few beers or something like that but I gotta admit when I was getting quite a bit of shopping yesterday it was a massive relief to get out of there so I could rip the mask off, started feeling claustrophobic and really uncomfortable, don't know if it was just a touch of anxiety because I'm not used to wearing one for that long or whatever but yeah it was horrible

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

Masks are mandatory in Melbourne and a $200 fine to anyone not wearing one.

$1600 fine for anyone not complying with the allowed four reasons to be out of the house.

I could get behind this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You can tell the flashy people. Ive seen people walkng around with louie vitton and gucci face masks. 

Why they feel the need to advertise designer face masks 🤷‍♂️

It's already become a fashion accessory. Like anything you wear really.

I must admit I've bought a few black reusable ones because they look nicer than the normal surgical ones we get given at work.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

It's already become a fashion accessory. Like anything you wear really.

I must admit I've bought a few black reusable ones because they look nicer than the normal surgical ones we get given at work.

Yeah i got the same. I dont like the surgeon look prefer the ninja one 😁

Your right though it has become a fashion accessory 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i got the same. I dont like the surgeon look prefer the ninja one 😁

Your right though it has become a fashion accessory 

There you go then. There's not that much difference between buying a black face mask because you think it looks nicer than buying  adesigner one because you think it looks nicer

Â