Mask Watch!

Demitri_C

Nearly wore a full face balaclava out the other day to do the shopping, as both my cotton surgical masks were in the wash. The most inconvenient part about it was that I actually needed to stop at the bank while I was out too. Thankfully I remembered I had some masks from my construction days in the toolbox and so I didn't need to walk into a bank with a balaclava on!

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There you go then. There's not that much difference between buying a black face mask because you think it looks nicer than buying  adesigner one because you think it looks nicer

Exactly my point. Why spend treble the amount on a mask when they both look the same but one has its brands logo on it? Even as a fashion accessory i dont get it

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly my point. Why spend treble the amount on a mask when they both look the same but one has its brands logo on it? Even as a fashion accessory i dont get it

Some people like fashion over function.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah exactly. Ive seen one of the gucci ones and its such poor quality 

Well in better news there's a lady on my street who's taking donations of cotton, like old rags and clothes etc. and turning them into face masks which she then sells for $15 and passes the full profit on to the hospital, as well as passing on the masks themselves for hospital staff to use (better hope she doesn't catch the virus!). She's setup an instagram to promote.

I went to Morrison’s earlier, I’d say 95% of customers wearing masks. I was really surprised the checkout lady (>55 years old) wasn’t wearing one. The side of the till area has a screen, but then the end is completely open. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I went to Morrison’s earlier, I’d say 95% of customers wearing masks. I was really surprised the checkout lady (>55 years old) wasn’t wearing one. The side of the till area has a screen, but then the end is completely open. 

As I mentioned upthread, same in my local Morrisons. NONE of the checkout operators had masks, but all the aisle staff and almost all customers did. 

Â