Ratings & Reactions: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/07/20 at 22:59

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I gave Smith a poor rating today despite the fact we were clearly excellent tactically and well drilled for the game. He also finally moved mcginn into a position where he plays well so that's good.

I haven't even doctored this. Brilliant.

• Like 1

Good result. We have gone backwards less than our rivals.

If this was at the start , or even the middle of the season I could well understand Deano's pragmatic approach of tightening  up the back.

However we are desperate  for a win so we need to revert back to the death or glory approach in at least some of our games or we will go down with a whimper.

Just now, Stratvillan said:

I haven't even doctored this. Brilliant.

What do you mean? The fact that he can't make subs cost us the game, which cancels out any of the positives which gave us a chance. 

I think its ridiculous that we can see positives in a 2-0 defeat. Villa are DOG TOFFEE, utter trash and we deserve everything we get. I am annoyed with myself that I am so annoyed - like I honestly expected anything else.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

I think its ridiculous that we can see positives in a 2-0 defeat. Villa are DOG TOFFEE, utter trash and we deserve everything we get. I am annoyed with myself that I am so annoyed - like I honestly expected anything else.

We were playing arguably the best side in the world. 

Played really well today. Was probably our most passionate performance after the restart and was really surprised by El Ghazi and Taylor (although Luiz man of the match again for fourth match in a row) but a shame that Grealish spent most of the match injured and Mings got injured towards the end and I can imagine they’ll both be out for Man U, who are the form team in the league at the moment.

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

What do you mean? The fact that he can't make subs cost us the game, which cancels out any of the positives which gave us a chance. 

Liverpool's better subs won them the game. We bought on Jota, samatta and Vasillev. Do you think they're game changers?

Taylor's inability to stay goal side coat us the game. I suppose Smith could have played our other full back.. no wait a minute we dont have one. 

• Like 1

When the drinks break happened in the second half we should have made a change or two. The legs of the players were starting to go. Nakamba could have been the guy to stop Firminho as Luis was a little tired. It was comical watching Jota get out sprinted by a tired Robertson.

We look so much better with Reina in goal. Fair enough he did his craziness against Leicester but he had the odd game like that for Liverpool when he was world class. 

Ultimately this level of intensity, effort and energy should have been shown 10-12 games ago. Too little too late. 

Everyone on here should know my position on Dean Smith by now and it's the same position I had long before he was appointed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Liverpool subs cost £90 million. Nearly 2 thirds the cost of our whole squad. The gulf between the squads is ridiculous. We battled and fought bravely and they had a bit more quality in the end and alot more quality on the bench.

Enjoy moaning though

I fully appreciate that they were always more likely to win, and that the subs they brought on would change the game. I even expected it to be honest,  but changing nothing when they bring on 3 World class players is suicide. Its a defeatist approach.

Wasted opportunity in my eyes.

Still, we looked a lot better so if we carry that on for the remainder of the season we may get more luck. Players looked a lot fitter so hopefully a sign of improvement

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We were playing arguably the best side in the world. 

Maybe, but we have 2 points from 27 and are in the relegation zone, we have lost to a fair few teams just as poor as us.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Mane isn't a cheat. Salah is the diving prick. Mane just loves to mount and then annihilate us. 

Disagree - Mane always goes down easily (although he loves playing against Villa). Why do we always have players with records against us? I remember the commentator against Chelsea saying Lampard scored more career goals against us that any other. We **** love being the whipping boys.

Agree about Salah. Absolute disgrace.

• Like 1

Â