Ratings & Reactions: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/07/20 at 22:59

Played well - best I've seen us since restart.

The mid season change of subs rule worked against us today. Disgraceful, especially as they also brought in the water breaks to account for player fitness. Helps the big clubs

Reckon we could still stay up 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Funny enough that beating has given me confidence we can get out of this, suddenly we look a lot more solid, whilst also fashioning the better chances for most the game.

A defeat here was expected.

Thought El Ghazi had his best game in a while, and Luis continued his good form.

If we play like this in the final 4 games ....who knows?

I do like this. In many respects I agree with you. It just isn't in Villa's nature to be a positive surprise. 

Toothless.

Trez was dire yet again, we have zero pace and poor decision making from konsa plus more shite from crap corners.

Would rather elmo than trez, at least you know he will out the ball in the box.

Honestly can't see any goals coming from anywhere the way we play.

Expect mings and grealish out for the next game.

Our midfield is weak, I mean proper weak.

Means striker is isolated or never anywhere near a cross if by an absolute miracle one is put in the box.

The rare chance we get to attack from a free kick or corner our fkwit players yet again decide to play dog dirt stupid passes wasting any 50 50 chance and putting them on the attack again.

I would be ordering every single free kick or corner to be hit to the 6 yard line. Stop this BS rubbish.

4 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Liverpool subs cost £90 million. Nearly 2 thirds the cost of our whole squad. The gulf between the squads is ridiculous. We battled and fought bravely and they had a bit more quality in the end and alot more quality on the bench.

Enjoy moaning though

Quality and results aren't the whole point though.  We clearly had very tired players from 60m and DS changed nothing.

We are allowed 5 subs, have played more games than any other team, and rotated the least.  We need to be making subs to keep energy levels up or we will get injuries, plain and simple.

• Like 1

Another game where we should have gotten something but ended up with zero. We’re much better defensively in midfield, it’s undeniable that we’ve reduced the amount of chances conceded enormously. It’s just we simply don’t have anyone to put the ball in the net for us. I’d have taken a 2-0 before the game, so to be disappointed now is a positive. If we can maintain the energy and discipline then we have a chance 

• Like 2

I gave Smith a poor rating today despite the fact we were clearly excellent tactically and well drilled for the game. He also finally moved mcginn into a position where he plays well so that's good.

What's bad? His **** inability to make subs. Is he cursed with the inability to make subs before the opponents score because that is what it looks like. Every game you can see us tiring and Smith never puts on a player who can sprint for the next 20 to see us to the end of the game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, OxfordVillan said:

Another game where we should have gotten something but ended up with zero. We’re much better defensively in midfield, it’s undeniable that we’ve reduced the amount of chances conceded enormously. It’s just we simply don’t have anyone to put the ball in the net for us. I’d have taken a 2-0 before the game, so to be disappointed now is a positive. If we can maintain the energy and discipline then we have a chance 

Should play hourihane up front. At least he will score and create chances. His lack of defensive ability won't be an issue, he wouldn't be able to hold the ball up though which would be an issue. 

1 minute ago, Dom_Wren said:
We gave it a hell of a go. Some points:

1) they fought like lions.
2) all 9/10 apart from luiz he was a 10

2 negatives for me. And not necessarily from this game:

1) if we’d have played like this all season. We’d be easily safe.
2) dean smith biggest weakness shone thru today-subs. He’s reactive not proactive. When Liverpool made the 3 subs. He should have got mcginn and Davis off for samatta And Connor, the jota subbed work so should have done that at 0-0.

At 1-0 bring on Elmo for Hause and move jack up top and have a real go at them in a 4-4-2.

Too negative in his subbing.

My .2 cents.

when Taylor looks the part, you know the team are poo!

13 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Liverpool subs cost £90 million. Nearly 2 thirds the cost of our whole squad. The gulf between the squads is ridiculous. We battled and fought bravely and they had a bit more quality in the end and alot more quality on the bench.

Enjoy moaning though

That was their first team coming off the bench. 

They started Origi

Edited by TreeVillan

Â