Ratings & Reactions: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/07/20 at 22:59

Liverpool subs cost £90 million. Nearly 2 thirds the cost of our whole squad. The gulf between the squads is ridiculous. We battled and fought bravely and they had a bit more quality in the end and alot more quality on the bench.

Enjoy moaning though

• Like 2

Had at various points a 4 on 2, a 3 on 2, men over at the back post, chances to play in for a 1 on 1

What did we get out of it? 1 El ghazi shot on target when all he had to do was play it back across goal for a tap in

We have a forward line that is simply not premier league standard. They try hard, but they make the wrong decision constantly, and on rare occasions they make the right decison, they **** up the execution

• Like 4

Well people were expecting us to get thrashed and we were unlucky not to get a point. 

Play like that we have a chance to stay up. Man United next probably the most inform team in the league. 

Unfortunately we are desperate for points now. 

• Like 2

Thought we did well, but we have no goal scoring threat whats so ever.  Davis is just waste of a selection, and Samatta coming on didnt do anything.  Just cant get over Davis though....

Good solid team performance against the champions, just wasnt enough unfortunately.  You could see the energy drain out of our players when Mane scored after doing so well for most of the game.

It's over with. Didn't get humiliated. Nothing really to add. Even with our ok play we all knew this was coming. I wasn't even angry at all, not even disappointed really, when they scored. It was just inevitable.

• Like 1

It's hard to fault the players in terms of effort, running and organisation, but we have nothing going forward.

As poor a Liverpool as i've seen in years and they still comfortably won without even getting out of first gear

• Like 1

Not recognising the tired legs cost us for me.  All season long, DS has shown a complete inability to identify and replace tired players and a compulsive desire to not use his subs to the detriment of the players.

Yeah, we are not gifted with world class players on the bench, but you know what?  A fresh 0air of legs on a driven player with limited ability is better than a talented player who can hardly lift his feet from fatigue.

And that my friend is all down to DS and is a major part of what will see us go down.

"I can make 5 subs you say?  Ah, sure, i only need to make 2, we're only 2 - 0 down." - Dean Smith, 2020-07-05

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Well people were expecting us to get thrashed and we were unlucky not to get a point. 

Play like that we have a chance to stay up. Man United next probably the most inform team in the league. 

Unfortunately we are desperate for points now. 

As much as I applaud the effort we did not deserve to get a point

• Sad 1

That was the outcome I expected but we gave a good showing, so positives to take from that, etc. Thought Mings was particularly good.

My worst scenario was we lost by enough to put us back down to 19th, but that didn’t happen. 

In the end, Liverpool, despite looking half-arsed for most of the match, had too much class for us. So no surprises really. 

Don’t expect too much change from the next match either.

• Like 1

Very good performance. Great spirit and fight    Unlucky against what could be the best team in PL history

If we can continue with that attitude and application it’s not all over yet

On the downside we have a really poor squad 

Decent performance for the majority considering they are the Champions and at home, but in all honesty they were as uninterested and sloppy as you'll see them.

2 points out of 27? Where are they going to come from?

• Like 1

Â