Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

I'd be very surprised if there's a buy back as low as some in here think as well. 

They signed Trafford from City for £20m and the buy back is somewhere around £50m. 

Edited by Farlz

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We're not though...

He's trying to break through in a position where we have JPB and coutinho

Not JPB, no. The position he is competing for will have Diaby, McGinn, AJ, Buendia and Coutinho all able to play there. 

24 minutes ago, Farlz said:

The pathway is blocked for all of our youth if its the case for Ramsey. 

Disappointing that it's come to this. 

Except for Philogene, Archer and Jacob Ramsey of course

• Like 2

The buy-back will be low, probably around £20m, it's only as high as it is for Trafford because it's Man City invovled, if Trafford is ever good enough for City to want him back then he will be easily worth that £50m.

17 minutes ago, Jareth said:

None of us have him starting over any other player - he meanwhile needs to play top level - we still ultimately can get him back and we free up FFP this window. This works for all parties. 

It's really simple and I'm surprised some on here can't grasp this - There is no major downside for us at all.  It makes perfect sense and is the right decision.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Someone did warn us that Monchi would upset us with some of our sales. I guess this is the sort of thing they meant. There is no guarantee that Ramsey would have become a star for us, but he is very promising and we like to keep our better youngsters. Someone needs to adapt. Is it us or Monchi?

Good question! I call it a Monchipuzzle. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Someone did warn us that Monchi would upset us with some of our sales. I guess this is the sort of thing they meant. There is no guarantee that Ramsey would have become a star for us, but he is very promising and we like to keep our better youngsters. Someone needs to adapt. Is it us or Monchi?

Good question, with only one answer.

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'd be very surprised if there's a buy back as low as some in here think as well. 

They signed Trafford from City for £20m and the buy back is somewhere around £50m. 

A lot of these deals seem to have the buyback at around twice the original purchase, so I would expect it to be circa 24m.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'd expect Buy Back to be in region of double what they paid. Even if Ramsey did progress well there we need a player in our squad he would replace to ever execute the buy back. 

29 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Although I more or less agree I don't think there's anything stopping him from going on loan in the Premier League. 

True it's just what's really in it for a PL club to loan a talent who needs time invested in him to develop in the PL? There's a market for buying the player, not as big a market for loaning a player. Usually opportunity as such only arises from biggest clubs with no room for PL ready players in their squad like Chelsea or City etc..

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Not JPB, no. The position he is competing for will have Diaby, McGinn, AJ, Buendia and Coutinho all able to play there. 

See I wasn't overly bothered by us carrying coutinho

Now I am

I'd have AJ on the books over him any day of the week

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't get people saying his pathway is blocked, it's literally only recently been announced that Philogene is going to be part of the first team squad, I like Philogene, but Ramsey is better than him and is younger, also I hate to break it to people but our options in the attacking areas aren't that great, don't be surprised to Ramsey does better for Burnley than some of ours do for us for example.

Also what happened to needing more players for rotation because of extra cup games, there should be plenty of scope to give him game time, he can play on left, right, or through the middles as No.10 or attacking midfielder, we don't actually have that many options for the left hand side, with Jacob injured it's not obvious who replaces him, Aaron should have been one of the top candidates considering that's a postion he excelled in last season at one of the best teams in the Championship.

Well Unai seems to think so. Some players are better but don't fit into a manager's system and that's ultimately the most important thing for a manager of unais level. Same for the likes of Guardiola, Mourinho etc as well. It's what makes them elite, we can't shoehorn Aaron into a role he doesn't suit just because he's more talented.

25 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Ah right.

Can we add Tanswell or Jones to the CVByrne approved journalist list?

Just wondering for next time.

Aftertiming: When a person claims to be on the good side of a bet or prediction after the result without proving any evidence before or during the event

Thing is if Villa and Emery/Monchi must sacrifice Aaron Ramsey for success it must be done.

Emery is a winner and Aaron isn't ready for the Villa first team plain and simple.

In contrast perhaps he feels Archer and Philogene are closer and reluctantly has made Aaron Ramsey available. Football is cut-throat, Villa can't stand still, neither can Emery he wants success now!

Trust in Emery, he knows more than all of us combined.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

Yes, he's a talented kid, but he's still a kid.  Needs more minutes to progress as a player and we won't offer him what he needs this season by playing in a handful of cup games.  If he turns into a player as good or better than his brother, the buyback clause makes him a steal.  If he never progresses past the Championship level, we made a good profit off of him.  It's a win/win scenario for me.

Also, Burnley are a great team for him to join.  They play fantastic footy under Kompany and he'll get plenty of opportunities to play and show what he's all about there.  

• Like 1

The only reason Philogene is staying and Aaron Ramsey is being sold is because Ramsey brings in more money, it's not a footballing decision it's a money one.

My takeaway from reading a lot of the comments on this thread is that many are clueless to how good he actually he is, same people probably would have been happy to sell Jacob Ramsey when he first broke into the team because he didn't look like a world beater straight away.

Aaron is a similar level to what his brother was at a similar age, Jacob had made a few appearances for our first team when it was a lot easier to break into our first team, and Aaron Ramsey has already proven himself as a top performer at Championship level, there's not much difference in what they've achieved at the same age, Aaron is also better at Jacob at certain aspects of the game, he's better technically for example, overall Jacob is obviously better and Aaron might never be quite as good, but the gap between the two isn't as big as some think.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It's really simple and I'm surprised some on here can't grasp this - There is no major downside for us at all.  It makes perfect sense and is the right decision.

Agree with this. I’m going to thoroughly enjoy watching him play for Burnley and hope he tears it up…knowing that he can come back in to the fold if he makes the grade. This isn’t a Gary Cahill situation - don’t think the club would let that happen with Aaron.

• Like 1

Â