The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

This is why Soda Stream was like a thing from the gods.  Fizzy pop went from a rare treat to on tap. 

What the 7 year old me would make of an entire large supermarket aisle loaded to the brim with oodles of choice of fizzy pop I just don't know. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This is why Soda Stream was like a thing from the gods.  Fizzy pop went from a rare treat to on tap. 

What the 7 year old me would make of an entire large supermarket aisle loaded to the brim with oodles of choice of fizzy pop I just don't know. 

I was like a dog with two dicks when we got a soda stream. All those choices of syrups... dandelion and burdock, ice cream soda, raspberryade, etc

No wonder I was a fat kid with shit teeth 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

time to get radical 

Breakfast - Dinner - Tea 

Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner

if you miss breakfast is it ‘brunch’ or ‘brinner’

does ‘supper’ come into it 

?????????

I can get on board with calling your evening meal "tea". It's dinner or tea.

But your middle of the day meal is lunch. It is never Dinner. That's mental

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

My mum used to serve us up a porkpie and some soup for our dinner/lunch whatever you call it. God bless her, The porkpie in the middle of the soup not separately

Thats child abuse

44 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

My mum used to serve us up a porkpie and some soup for our dinner/lunch whatever you call it. God bless her, The porkpie in the middle of the soup not separately

That sounds similar to Yorkshire pie and pies. Hot pork pie sitting a bowl of hot mushy peas, served with mint sauce. Cheap pub lunch specialty, with a pint. 

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

As previously stated, in school it was dinner time, dinner ladies and dinner money

It was always lunchtime and lunch money but not lunch ladies. It was dinner ladies. So, I'm all over the place now!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, and serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

8-BC2-AEEB-1-FDA-4-DCE-8-D23-9-AE14-CB40

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That sounds similar to Yorkshire pie and pies. Hot pork pie sitting a bowl of hot mushy peas, served with mint sauce. Cheap pub lunch specialty, with a pint. 

Thank f**k for the Pennines,

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Yeah but they taught you it was ok not to wear socks

I skipped sock class. It was that and double ugly walking shoes on a Thursday afternoon so I bunked off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I think lunch is sometimes called dinner in schools because a bigger meal is often served, so it's like a 'dinner' but eaten in the day.

Well yes, because Luncheon, is a light meal and there's no way anything that came out of our school kitchens could be considered light, the stew would have dumplings you could shoot out of a canon

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

While we're on the subject of correctly naming things, I've had ongoing issues with all sorts of people but predominantly the Scottish with the correct naming conventions for soft drinks. So much so that I've had to go to the trouble of manufacturing an infographic.

Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 19.30.24.png

I trust this brings the matter to a close.

Genuinely, who (apart from that fool  who @Mjvillaworks with) suggests it’s anything other than this?! 

But where does a still cola drink stand? Is it squash because it’s not fizzy or is it pop as it’s cola?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, and serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

Reminds me of ripping off a Portuguese dish called francesinha 

Do a cheese and ham toasted sandwich and serve in a bowl of tomato soup

Its really good 

• Like 1

Â