Make your money last longer tips during Isolation

Robtaylor200

If this is already a thread please take it down

Pause your sky sports - stop paying until sport returns - Can be done on my sky app - saved £32 yesterday

If you pay your council tax over ten months - call them and ask for this years free months to be moved to April May or when best suits you - saved £240

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Robtaylor200 said:

If you pay your council tax over ten months - call them and ask for this years free months to be moved to April May or when best suits you - saved £240

Some councils are also offering those who pay over 10 months to be able to extend the payments over 12 months instead, so it might be worth checking their website for a covid update for your options.

staying at home working on full pay, going shopping only once or twice a week, no weekly car payments for the next month, no gigs, absolutely no point in taking time off work

I'm already quids in and thats with the daughter staying at home working from here (and contributing to the food bills)

at the end of this it'll be like 1999

• Like 1

7 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Betting shops, pubs and brothels are all closed - saving around £300 per month, for some people :ph34r:

So you spend £299 a month on gambling and drinking? 

😋

18 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Betting shops, pubs and brothels are all closed - saving around £300 per month, for some people :ph34r:

Over her in Oz only horse racing still left to bet and I only bet on sports. I wondering if the proof of how better off I'll be in a few months with be enough to persuade me to give it away upon sports return.

The fact I'm going to get dudded out of a lot of collects on Liverpool already has me pretty put off.

It’s had the opposite effect for me, I’ve spent shed loads. 

Aside from the £1k I’ve spent on the puppy, I’ve stockpiled weed, bought loads of shite from amazon (new earphones, new fire stick and more) and ordered about £100 quids worth of comics. 

I’ll be on my arse by the time we’re allowed out again. 

8 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

It’s had the opposite effect for me, I’ve spent shed loads. 

Aside from the £1k I’ve spent on the puppy, I’ve stockpiled weed, bought loads of shite from amazon (new earphones, new fire stick and more) and ordered about £100 quids worth of comics. 

I’ll be on my arse by the time we’re allowed out again. 

Sounds like you’ve invested in the isolation.  You’re all stocked up now so you won’t need to spend much more.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Sounds like you’ve invested in the isolation.  You’re all stocked up now so you won’t need to spend much more.

Thanks. 

’Invested in the Isolation’ sounds far better than ‘I’m a clearing in the woods with money’, so I’m going to start using that phrase! 

• Haha 2

On 26/03/2020 at 08:38, Robtaylor200 said:

Pause your sky sports - stop paying until sport returns - Can be done on my sky app - saved £32 yesterday

Where abouts is this? Been browsing the app but can't seem to find where.

Like a few others, i'm just not spending anything at the moment. 

Mind you, boredom hasn't kicked in yet. If it does I may be ordering a musical toilet from Japan. Plus a sex doll*

*female

Edited by Xela
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Hi Kurt - if you have the my sky app, open it & you should see a blue notice about covid 19 at the top. Tap on it and it'll say " do you want to leave my sky and continue to sky.com ?" so click on continue and once you see the new page scroll down to where it says manage sky account. The next page should give loads of links, one being "pause my sky sports sub" and off you go. 

Like me, you'll probably get a "sorry we're experiencing errors and can't continue with your request" which i got a few times but i checked my bank and they took out my subs less the sports package. 

Hope it works for you !

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Hi Kurt - if you have the my sky app, open it & you should see a blue notice about covid 19 at the top. Tap on it and it'll say " do you want to leave my sky and continue to sky.com ?" so click on continue and once you see the new page scroll down to where it says manage sky account. The next page should give loads of links, one being "pause my sky sports sub" and off you go. 

Like me, you'll probably get a "sorry we're experiencing errors and can't continue with your request" which i got a few times but i checked my bank and they took out my subs less the sports package. 

Hope it works for you !

Much appreciated mate. I noticed the app had an update to be done, so that's why I couldn't see any notice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I did it via the “My Sky “ app

edit - insert sloth image - I was only 3 hours late with this 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Like a few others, i'm just not spending anything at the moment. 

Mind you, boredom hasn't kicked in yet. If it does I may be ordering a musical toilet from Japan. Plus a sex doll*

*female

If you position yourself correctly , The  squirty extension on the toilet from Japan will negate the need for the male doll  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

If you position yourself correctly , The  squirty extension on the toilet from Japan will negate the need for the male doll  

It is like Money Saving Expert in here at times

Â