Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

On 05/03/2020 at 22:09, PaulC said:

Probably was to someone like shankly. But if what the experts are saying that it’s just the elderly and people that have underlying health who are at risk of dying from this is it any worse than influenza. 

Ban the old people then..

Sorry Roy but you're out!

Image result for roy hodgson mad

Edited by villalad21

Think I read that Germany will ban all events with a 1000 or more so empty stadiums from now on.

The Italian player association have asked for an emergency meeting and apparently they are asking for the season to be abandoned.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Do I bother booking my Wolves ticket?

Would hold fire for now imo.

Would imagine premier league will try to keep things as normal up to international break. By then outbreak in U.K could be much worse so empty stadiums is pretty likely in April I think.

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

ze germans are expected to announce today that Monchengladbach vs Koln on Wednesday will be to an empty stadium 

Yet interestingly have said Leipzig Spurs will have fans. You'd have thought it would be a country wide ban, not picking and choosing.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Yet interestingly have said Leipzig Spurs will have fans. You'd have thought it would be a country wide ban, not picking and choosing.

It's the states in Germany that decide this so it can differ within the country. The interior minister in Berlin recommended them all to ban all events over 1000 people. we'll see what they do.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Is an area near Dutch border badly effected not so far from Koln. Ive a German employer and anybody who has been to this region has been ordered to stay home for 2 weeks. 

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Will be a state by state thing, I think rhinelnad phalz which is the state south of me has the most cases but the 1st cases were in North Rhine Westphalia in a place called heinsburg which isnt that far from monchengladbach 

So there's definitely more here than in the east

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Abandonimg the Premier League season is a great idea, imagine the poor guy whose job was to tell Klopp 😂

I am hoping to hell this happens... would be brilliant and such a typical Liverpool thing to happen after their god slippy G's f**k up to ruin the last one 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Well I hope they close VP next Saturday I do not want to witness at first hand another abject display.....I have got some drains to unblock or some paint to watch drying instead.

Read the thread. Notts Forest owner has it. Met the squad. Also met the squad of Olympiakos that he also owns after they beat Arsenal last week.

So potentially, two squads that will need to Self Isolate, maybe some infected at worst. Then really depends on whether he met the squads before or after the games as to whether or not 4 squads will need to Self Isolate. 

Then would imagine possibility that the Wolves v Olympiakos game gets called off / postponed.

Â