Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Seriously ?

I think he could easily start a decent quota of games for Newcastle over that period. As things stand I think Newcastle will closer to European football than Villa over the next 3 years.

Yes…

Why would he start there and not here if he’s currently good enough to play in a team chasing european football?

And if that’s the case, they’re less likely to play him

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Yes…

Why would he start there and not here if he’s currently good enough to play in a team chasing european football?

And if that’s the case, they’re less likely to play him

I just think Newcastle look more of a blended team - not as many stand out as players as we have - but a more cohesive unit. I think CC could slot nicely into their system. 

I'd love for him to sign a new contract (don't we all?!), he's obviously a fantastic talent - but I think the club / Gerrard are right by leaving him back in the UK and it not being a distraction to the rest of the squad.

I'll be honest and say I wasn't that impressed with JJ a couple of season's ago but he has come on leaps and bounds last season and I personally think Chuk has the potential to be better than JJ if he gets his head screwed on right.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it though, it's all about A.V.F.C not the player, and if he doesn't want to be part of our journey then so be it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

Haha it’s just funny how they’ve suddenly become an elite team poaching top rated  players along with the biggest names, they’ll have to earn that right not buy it with journalist blood.

Also from Carney’s perspective, what reason would he have to move there over staying here? There’s an argument for moving to a big name team challenging for the top 2/3 places. Struggling to see what they would offer him that he’s not going to get here over the next 3 years.

but why would he go to a top 4 team.....when he can't yet get in ours....:bang:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Assume if Barca or PSG bought him they'd loan him to a club in England for this season ideally with a loan fee and wages covered or whatever. 

of course....theres no risk.

1 hour ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I'd love for him to sign a new contract (don't we all?!), he's obviously a fantastic talent - but I think the club / Gerrard are right by leaving him back in the UK and it not being a distraction to the rest of the squad.

I'll be honest and say I wasn't that impressed with JJ a couple of season's ago but he has come on leaps and bounds last season and I personally think Chuk has the potential to be better than JJ if he gets his head screwed on right.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it though, it's all about A.V.F.C not the player, and if he doesn't want to be part of our journey then so be it.

The problem is....Talent is only part of it.

Character and application is another huge part of it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hippo said:

I just think Newcastle look more of a blended team - not as many stand out as players as we have - but a more cohesive unit. I think CC could slot nicely into their system. 

I actually think you're right Pete.

man for man, I think we have a more talented side, as you say......but they are a more cohesive unit..as you say more blended.

I still think Mcginn and Luiz have to step up to stay in our team and apply themselves better and more consistently......Watkins & Ings have to be more clinical too, and decision making will play a big part, in that.

I think CC still has a way to go, beyond talent, to be playing in a top 10 team.

I still think we need a central midfielder, "you can hang your hat on" like Kamara.

Edited by TRO

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

The problem is....Talent is only part of it.

Character and application is another huge part of it.

This. Ravel Morrison is widely regarded as one of the most talented players in a generation.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, jim said:

This. Ravel Morrison is widely regarded as one of the most talented players in a generation.

I wonder why, we was not in for Sonny Perkins.....I am suspecting character, might have been in doubt, after leaving WHU the way Carney is possibly leaving us.....or probably our confidence in Rory Wilson.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, hippo said:

*vomits violently*

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Heard a lot of Premier League clubs have been to alerted to his 86 potential rating on FIFA 22. More on this breaking news when we get it. 

That automatically increases to a 92 rating just by signing for a Sky 6 team.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hippo said:

None of that is remotely true. 

Â