Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Quit funny watching and reading grown Men & ladies getting so uptight over whether an 18 signs a contract or not… What will be will be and we have and will continue to have potential generational prospects coming through… 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Romano is a tap-in merchant. 

It'll be interesting to know who is feeding him the information, he's being useful in inflating chuks value enabling his team to squeeze villa

The language Romano uses definitley let's him flip it to a tweet along the lines of "despite major interested from barca and dortmund chuk signs for villa, big win for Gerrard" 

I'm noy sure he knows anything but he's just part of the game 

16 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'd rather lose a big prospect than lose a key first team player. Carney will need a couple of years of game time before he becomes a key first team player and we would be weaker by a little bit giving him the time to get to that level. Better he goes now this summer for a fee.

We should be straight up with him and his agent. He won't be considered for game time of he doesn't sign a new deal as we will lose him for the same FIFA training fees of he moves abroad or a tribunal if he stays in UK.

Either way no further time should be invested in him at all if he is leaving the club or not showing commitment by action of signing a new contract. 

Yep it’s all risk.  He could turn out to be one of the best players in the world or he could be forgotten about in a couple of years and talked about in years to come as one of those kids we thought would make it but never did and we have a raft of those over my forty years.  Yes he looks exceptional but many of them did down the years.  

We seem to have done everything we could contract wise, he’s had some game time.  If he wants to stay great, if he doesn’t he doesn’t.  

Good luck to him!

Let’s focus on people that want to be here, I hope that includes him, if not…ah well no probs! But no way should we forsake a key first team player for him.  If the kid proves himself on the training pitch he’ll get game time just like Grealish did and just like JJ does.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Quit funny watching and reading grown Men & ladies getting so uptight over whether an 18 signs a contract or not… What will be will be and we have and will continue to have potential generational prospects coming through… 

slightly disagree

firstly because he's seemingly the crown jewel in our academy (and the england U19 team)

secondly because last year we lost grealish, next summer losing our best youngster to a barca or a dortmund doesn't and shouldn't sit well, forget him, forget his ability or potential ability to kick a football even forget the reason / excuse that will be attached to why he will say he's leaving the club once again being powerless to prevent a player leaving for a bigger club is more than a bit shit and deflating as a fan - conversely a headline that he's rejected those clubs and signed for villa (even if the romano stuff is utter bollocks he wont back down on it) is a massive boost for us both in terms of morale - stature wise I'm not sure how it all works, does selling 18 year olds to CL clubs make us more attractive than those players breaking through? but I just think him staying is a huge positive footballing and non footballing wise

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry lads, but i've seen better prospects than Carney disappear into obscurity in the past.

Either due to bad decision making/advice, attitude or a combo of both.

Limiting both their professional and financial ceiling by wanting it all NOW.

Like who? 

He pretty much was the star player for his age group in all of Europe, he isnt Luke Moore

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

By opening his big mouth and tell the world we have the best 16 year old in the country 

That isnt purslows fault. Dont see how you can blame him for publicly praising the player and showing that he is valued by the club.

For whatever reason chucks not signing and thats on him only

• Like 1

Â