Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Meltdown for a kid who has stood out playing against smaller kids. All the best to the lad when he moves on but after watching the game for over 40 years I don’t think he will have the career most on here think he will. Genuinely hope he proves me wrong though. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

But he loses value then, if he’s triaging with first team all year, even if he leaves the tribunal fee will increase.

is that how it works though? does the tribunal assess based on how they've played, how much they've played etc?

and in the grand scheme of things, are we talking a multi million increase by giving him a few games?

i think if he makes it clear he's not signing we'll try and get rid in the summer anyway

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Typical scenario for us really. Hardly surprising. Next. 

The least typical scenario we have as a club ever.  We are **** magic at keeping the youth that we want to keep. 

One of the best in the league. I find it amazing sometimes how few youth talents we lose. 

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Put in a buyback clause. I would **** love Purslow doing that. Just give these so called big teams a taste of their own. 

Unless of course… they sign him for nothing. Which is probably what they intend to do.

Carney can’t force his way into our first XI so he’s not going to be starting for Barcelona. If he’s truly driven by his own development as a player it’s a step backwards. 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The least typical scenario we have as a club ever.  We are **** magic at keeping the youth that we want to keep. 

One of the best in the league. I find it amazing sometimes how few youth talents we lose. 

Are we? 

wait, is this sarcasm?!

Edited by Tayls

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

why wouldnt he? Barcelona play about 60 games a season and are very light in midfield. Nico Gonzalez played for example nearly 40 games last season and Barca are trying get rid of him, Pjanic and De Jong

He looked a season or two off prem level any time I’ve watched him this year, be unfortunate to lose him but it’s not the end of the world if we do. They also have Pedri and Gavi who look levels above carney and they’ll likely add to that next season if de jong goes.

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Put in a buyback clause. I would **** love Purslow doing that. Just give these so called big teams a taste of their own. 

He would have to want to come back. We would just look stupid adding a buyback and he moves somewhere else

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

Meltdown for a kid who has stood out playing against smaller kids. All the best to the lad when he moves on but after watching the game for over 40 years I don’t think he will have the career most of here think he will. Genuinely hope he proves me wrong though. 

hardly a meltdown

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Are we? 

wait, is this sarcasm?!

Not at all mate.  We are amazing at it.  Every single youth talent apart from Carney has been kept on and have signed new deals. 

Going back years we lost Albrighton on a free to Leicester , but that was our choice. 

Danny Crowlley going to Arsenal anout 8 years ago is the last time i remember losing a big youth talent 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Not at all mate.  We are amazing at it.  Every single youth talent apart from Carney has been kept on and have signed new deals. 

Going back years we lost Albrighton on a free to Leicester , but that was our choice. 

Danny Crowlley going to Arsenal anout 8 years ago is the last time i remember losing a big youth talent 

I think tying down Azaz, Chrisene and I think there was one other who has extended their stay this summer as well, can’t remember who, is definitely a good move from the club. 
What I mean by typical scenario is that we seem to have these super special players who then decide not to stay with us. Crowley was one. Chukwuemeka looks like he will be another. In some ways I’d also put Grealish into there. He only had four proper playing seasons with us, I think it was. Villa lad that came through the ranks… decided to do one. Different in a few ways, but there a couple of parallels with the other two mentioned. 

There has to be other mega talents that have bailed on us over the years. 

I think he has a higher opinion of himself than what Aston Villa do. If otherwise he'd have committed to the project long long ago. 

Not a chance does he break into a PL team midfield and hold down a spot full time in the next 12 months. I think he's looking at another year of minutes from the bench, increased minutes ion last year before being ready for 90min. If he expects better then I think he struggles to get that anywhere at this level right now. Even teams down the bottom of the top leagues don't have room for developing kids when going through the seasonal struggles.

Barca won't be allowed to register him since their wage structure is miles away from La Liga rules. 

Even if they give him €10k/w that's money they desperately need for the more marquee signings they intent to sign.

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If anything , now, we are the one actually poaching " prodigal" talents from other teams.

That being said, it's inevitable that some will be lost, for one reason or another.

Even bigger clubs lose talents for different reasons, it is what it is.

You just have to try your best to find a balance.

Same as Doug, I think they're kidding themselves if they think they'll get more money elsewhere.

Barca ffs. Probably try to pay him in sangria.

Could all be about the football of course. He'll currently suit the slower game in Spain, work to do if he wants to start PL games.

• Like 1

It's amazing the reaction Romano's tweet is getting, and presumptions people are jumping to, nothing has actually changed, doesn't take a genius to work out that top clubs will be seriously interested in Chukwuemeka, he's one of the best academy players in this country, probably in Europe, Romano isn't telling us anything new in telling us a team like Barcelona are interested in him, can gaurantee many top teams will be interested in him, if he decides to leave us he won't be short of options.

I've no idea if he will sign a contract or not with us, but I don't think he will go to Barcelona, as he will have so many options.

I still think there's a chance he will sign for us, but we're going to have to start playing him to convince him, because if don't other clubs will and it will be our loss.

• Like 3

Â