Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Idk if Carney will leave in this window, but surely the matter boils down to this: if he was keen to stay at Villa he'd have signed a deal by now.

I will give him this....When it comes to self -belief, he has conkers.

what other kid of 18 would risk, bodging up his career?........by testing the wrath of his club.

There’s a good chance that the kid has been advised to wait until the Euro U19s are finished. Probably a deal on the table, but his agent will say, “No rush, if you have a good tournament we may well get a bit more, if not we can take what’s on offer. Once you’re getting more first team starts, we can negotiate a better deal.”

There really doesn’t need to be anything but good commercial sense behind all this. I know agents get a bad press, but his agent wouldn’t be doing his job if he didn’t give him good advice. His loyalty is to his client, not the club. It doesn’t mean that the agent or Chuck are necessarily being greedy in this case. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

There’s a good chance that the kid has been advised to wait until the Euro U19s are finished. Probably a deal on the table, but his agent will say, “No rush, if you have a good tournament we may well get a bit more, if not we can take what’s on offer. Once you’re getting more first team starts, we can negotiate a better deal.”

There really doesn’t need to be anything but good commercial sense behind all this. I know agents get a bad press, but his agent wouldn’t be doing his job if he didn’t give him good advice. His loyalty is to his client, not the club. It doesn’t mean that the agent or Chuck are necessarily being greedy in this case. 

True.

Everyone bashes agents Inc Simon Jordan....and from our perspective its easy to see why.

However, we need to remind ourselves of past managers and players, who were paid a pittance, some household names, too.

Agents are the epitome of " Necessity is the mother of Invention"

clubs who under paid players, created them.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I said stop pretending to be a journalist the message before, that’s it

Had he tweeted something about Carney for you to message him though? Or you just generally calling him out.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Had he tweeted something about Carney for you to message him though? Or you just generally calling him out.

Nothing other than he already had, just thought it would be entertaining 

5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

That fake journo is proper weird. Imagine spending time trying to convince people about a transfer that won’t happen. 

Anyone checked if he has the same IP as that idiot CJ Golson

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

That fake journo is proper weird. Imagine spending time trying to convince people about a transfer that won’t happen. 

He posts a lot about Villa for a French journo and nothing much about the French teams

8 hours ago, est1874 said:

Idk if Carney will leave in this window, but surely the matter boils down to this: if he was keen to stay at Villa he'd have signed a deal by now.

Most likely wants to wait and see who the club sign. If another 2 CMs come in it's pretty clear he won't get any game time at all this season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Most likely wants to wait and see who the club sign. If another 2 CMs come in it's pretty clear he won't get any game time at all this season.

Ain't getting any game time either for the "big clubs" supposedly circling for his signature. 

It seems to me he's taking terrible advice, most likely from an agent. He's not the first young player to fall foul of that, and won't be the last.

Of course, perhaps he'll end up bagging a move to a Championship club where he will probably play 30+ games a season and have a chance to show his undoubted ability. I'd respect him a lot more for that tbh.

37 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

but thats defeatist, and not the character we should be courting.

He should be saying, "I don't care who comes in, I am having a shirt" and not rest until he does( perseverence is a huge part of the success in football)........SG has a job to win games, its Carneys job to convince him, he is the man to help do it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Could also be a bit of the boot on the other foot, i.e. club saying we need to get someone else in because if Carney leaves we will be too light.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

but thats defeatist, and not the character we should be courting.

He should be saying, "I don't care who comes in, I am having a shirt" and not rest until he does( perseverence is a huge part of the success in football)

Half this thread is slamming him for being arrogant thinking he can go and play for a better team and the other half is saying he’s defeatist for not backing himself against whoever we sign :)

• Like 2

He quite obviously wants to play as much as possible and also have the best deal for him and his agent. He owes Villa nothing from a professional perspective. 

We need to give him playing guarantees,  a large signing on fee and also grudgingly pay his agent over the odds or he’s probably gone. 

Â