Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

The problem for clubs like us we can't afford to give Carney, Archer etc minutes and not have it massively impact how we perform. It's all good and well having the best talents in the country but if you cant give them minutes it's somewhat a waste of time and effort given Carney will likely leave for not much money.

Let says Man City are interested, they can give him a lot of minutes if they want to because they dominate games. He could get 5-7 run outs in the league against weak teams, some FA Cup, League Cup games and dead European ones. Why? Because he will be absolutely fine when he's rolled out in CM next to Rodri and KDB and all the other talent they have and it will hardly impact the result. We can't afford to do that, every game is vital and I don't think the rest of the team can carry a youth player coming through.

Luckily there are only a couple of clubs that could do that and Man City and Chelsea tend to let someone else develop them and then just pay the 50-70m down the road if they are good. If he wants to play a lot he will likely have to go abroad, Germany have been poaching the good youngsters for years and giving them minutes.

I can understand him wanting minutes and he may feel he's not getting a fair chance. We saw some absolutely dreadful performances from certain players last year only for them to be rolled out game after game. If we sign another CM you have to assume they would be a first 11 player along with Kamara and then it's a battle between JJ/McGinn/CC/Luiz(?) for one other CM slot.

but you are right.....we haven't got the solidarity in midfield to carry him......even our best midfielders are not ball retainers....we lose it too easily, to blood youth.

and next season we will have JJ and Boub....both early twenties.....we need some experience and Authority in there.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

If we insert a buy back clause I'd be fine with this. Otherwise make them pay through the nose.

Doesn't matter if we insert a buy back if he doesn't want to come back. And if he does end up fulfilling his potential, he's probably gonna be aiming higher than us, and that's if he isn't already at a top club.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Doesn't matter if we insert a buy back if he doesn't want to come back. And if he does end up fulfilling his potential, he's probably gonna be aiming higher than us, and that's if he isn't already at a top club.

Not a buy back clause, but a % of future profit from his next move.

2 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

The problem for clubs like us we can't afford to give Carney, Archer etc minutes and not have it massively impact how we perform. It's all good and well having the best talents in the country but if you cant give them minutes it's somewhat a waste of time and effort given Carney will likely leave for not much money.

Let says Man City are interested, they can give him a lot of minutes if they want to because they dominate games. He could get 5-7 run outs in the league against weak teams, some FA Cup, League Cup games and dead European ones. Why? Because he will be absolutely fine when he's rolled out in CM next to Rodri and KDB and all the other talent they have and it will hardly impact the result. We can't afford to do that, every game is vital and I don't think the rest of the team can carry a youth player coming through.

Luckily there are only a couple of clubs that could do that and Man City and Chelsea tend to let someone else develop them and then just pay the 50-70m down the road if they are good. If he wants to play a lot he will likely have to go abroad, Germany have been poaching the good youngsters for years and giving them minutes.

I can understand him wanting minutes and he may feel he's not getting a fair chance. We saw some absolutely dreadful performances from certain players last year only for them to be rolled out game after game. If we sign another CM you have to assume they would be a first 11 player along with Kamara and then it's a battle between JJ/McGinn/CC/Luiz(?) for one other CM slot.

It’s not as if we’re having Jack Grealish in every position. I’m sure we won’t suffer by trying Chuck as an advanced CM and definitely Archer instead of one of our strikers. Actually I’m sure we’d look better against the lower teams with those two. We lack creativity and finishing for those games rather the hard working of McGinn or especially Watkins. 

For those wondering. I'm 99% sure Carney is being repped by Playerworks and David Dixon. I don't know much (anything really) about Playerworks or David Dixon. But I believe Playerworks works primarily with young players, and then they lose most of the really talented players to agencies with better connection and more ressources, when those players progress away from youth football.

Also, just random info from myself. I'm really not an ITK accout. I just get around and talk to people every know and then.

I got home from Slovakia yesterday. The people that I spoke to at the games all believed that Carney would stay in the UK. They didn't know if he would stay at Villa, but they didn't think he would leave the UK. I did talk to a guy from Germany that said he heard Dortmund, but he was the only one that thought he would leave the UK, and he's not the most plugged in guy (with all due respect to him). 

• Like 1

Â