Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Just now, Zatman said:

apparently he is shit according to some Villa fans

Criminal we are letting him walk away

I'm sure we are doing all we can but sadly a player in his position right now has a lot of options and has no affiliation to the club which means if he sees a better pathway elsewhere you can't blame him for at least exploring it.

I expect him to leave, it happens and we move on. Thankfully we have many talented academy players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Boooooooooooo

I love you to bits Mazrim, my feisty heavy rock maestro. I'm only giving my honest opinion.

If we absolutely needed him next season then I agree with you about his quality, but I would like to see him given a little more time to become the finished article.

He will be great in 12/18 months, and ready to take on the world, but let's get him tied down to a contract extension and let his physical and mental development ensure he can hit the ground running without any glitches or stutters.

He could become a Villa icon if someone can sort his Agent out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I very much doubt this is true. 

From what I have read in articles its about game time and not money

He played 3rd lowest minutes in our squad last season

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Letting him?

Also, I doubt anyone thinks he's " shit ", some just don't think he is near ready to be any sort of guaranteed starter in the PL yet, and based on what he's shown at the level so far, they would be right. ( This could OBS change in the coming season )

He's bossing it at U19s!

I'd even want to see him step up to U21s or U23s Internationally as well to see if the class disparity is the same.

Are you suggesting we just give him whatever he wants? Regardless of how unreasonable it might be?

Did United choose to " Let " Pogba walk away? Did Marseille decide to " let " Kamara walk away?

It's not really that simple is it?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if he signed a deal once this tournaments over, I think he's been concentrating on his football before worrying about his contract situation.

• Like 1

He’s amazing. A lot of people get caught up with the fact that he hasn’t signed the contract yet and the that he hasn’t performed like a superstar in his few appearances in the Premier League (many out of position). He has come from age groups were he’s  levels above and has had to adapt to playing against much better players so will need to adjust his game.

Just now, stegzy said:

He’s amazing. A lot of people get caught up with the fact that he hasn’t signed the contract yet and the that he hasn’t performed like a superstar in his few appearances in the Premier League (many out of position). He has come from age groups were he’s  levels above and has had to adapt to playing against much better players so will need to adjust his game.

Would still loan him out next season though if we can get him to sign the contract to get used to playing against the Big old meat heads of the championship

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No evidence of that. Gerrard has given him game time, spoke highly of him and in all probablity mulling over the contract. The idea that we are letting him walk away is utter tosh.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

From what I have read in articles its about game time and not money

He played 3rd lowest minutes in our squad last season

And rightly so. He turned 18 this season. And his performances didnt justify more minutes from what i saw. It was a proper dickhead move from his agent to announce 18 months before the end of his contract that he would not sign a new one. I like Carney. I think he is a terrific prospect that if it all works out perfectly for him could be our best ever youth prospect,  but thats it at the moment. He is a prospect. Playing in the most competitive, highest quality league on the planet. 

I truly hope that he will sign with us but i think his representation have bigger plans for him in their head   bearing in mind the news 2 weeks ago that they were meeting with Barca. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

No evidence of that. Gerrard has given him game time, spoke highly of him and in all probablity mulling over the contract. The idea that we are letting him walk away is utter tosh.

3rd lowest game time last season after Tim and Traore

Ramsey season before played nearly 350 minutes more

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Traore spent most of the season injured. The club are pragmatic in the approach - he's in almost every match day squad which is a big boon, trains with the first team, and gets minutes - still an above almost every other academy player.

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nothing we can do if he's hell -bent on wanting to leave. It's not like he wasn't being given opportunities, so the assumption has to be that he has his sights set elsewhere. 

I hope I'm wrong, I really do. The way he played tonight was reminiscent of a young Gascoigne. To see him reach that kind of level in another shirt would be galling.

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How many minutes did Ramsey have the season before that when he was the same age as Carney?

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

How many minutes did Ramsey have the season before that when he was the same age as Carney?

the season we had to fight a relegation battle until the last day of the season 

I could see why he was sent on loan that season. I bet if we didnt have a relegation battle he would have been used a bit more since he made his debut the previous season

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It was criminal of Marseille to let Kamara walk away, but what could they do? Do you genuinely think that we’ve not tried to convince him? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

the season we had to fight a relegation battle until the last day of the season 

I could see why he was sent on loan that season. I bet if we didnt have a relegation battle he would have been used a bit more since he made his debut the previous season

We weren’t exactly comfortable in mid table last season, so could argue situation is the same. Carney is ahead of Ramsey in terms of minutes played at the same age.

8 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It was criminal of Marseille to let Kamara walk away, but what could they do? Do you genuinely think that we’ve not tried to convince him? 

They got 170 games from him, not to mention that a team tripled his wages to join them

not sure is any comparison

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They got 170 games from him, not to mention that a team tripled his wages to join them

not sure is any comparison

The comparison is he didn’t want to stay and he was worth 3 times more than Carney, this isn’t me saying I’m happy about Carney leaving btw.

• Like 1

Â