Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

I think the tribunal is only for English to English clubs, if he’s out of contract and goes to Dortmund, I don’t think we get anything for him, as I don’t think Derby are getting anything for Festy Ebosele going to Udinese. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Well if we get good money for him it's not so bad. We can sell him this summer if he doesn't want to sign a new contract or we keep him next season play him, hope he wants to stay and if not he leaves and we agree a fee with whatever club he then joins. It rarely goes to the tribunal as the clubs normally agree the fee rather than let the tribunal set it. Sell on clauses are normally included in the tribunal decisions so they can be added between the clubs.

Remember this is after he is out of contract and joining another club. The rules apply to players 24 and younger leaving the club who developed them.

what would you say is good money though? the guy has barely played for the first team and not played internationally any higher than the u19s, and there's a bristol city midfielder that has played international more games at that level

10 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I can't say I'll be gutted to see him go. He may well become a world beater but I've not taken to him at all so far.

I’m kind of the same. Haven’t had much to go by but I think he lacks the pace needed for the league right now. Would have been good to see him start a few more times but don’t see it happening this season now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

He's 18 and a half.

Can ye stop analysing him like he's a seasoned pro.  

I'm not tbf, just saying even as an 18 year old I'm a bit meh towards him. Probably influenced by how he/his team are handling our contract offer but still.

Sell him for free but ask for a 50 percent sell on clause.

It would be a low risk deal with a good chance of seeing a decent return. Clubs will be chomping at the bit to get him and it ensures we get a good slice of the pie if he does turn into a world class player.

I don't think we'll be able to get much more than a couple million at most right now.

28 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

what would you say is good money though? the guy has barely played for the first team and not played internationally any higher than the u19s, and there's a bristol city midfielder that has played international more games at that level

15m I'd say with a 15% sell on clause if we sold to Dortmund this summer

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

No chance, he will have 12 months left on his contract come June.  £5-6m max.

Yes but the length of contract doesn't matter as he is an academy player. If a team want to sign him they need to pay us compensation regardless of the fact he's out of contract.

the dortmund thing is a lazy link because english fans see them as bringing through all these kids, maybe worth noting that they've changed their manager and set up since they played the likes of sancho, reyna and bought bellingham and haaland who are obvious talents rather than taking a chance, its not a bad club for developing players but its not what it was

other than moukoko (who is another very obvious talent) im not sure they're currently bringing anyone else through, the two kids that they took from PSG last summer havent kicked a ball for them yet, neither has the pther kid they took from city binoe gittens, they have 1 player in the Germnay U21s set up and he's on loan at frankfurt, 2 players in the U19s never kicked a ball, 1 player in the U18s and he's the same, for some reason i think they've got a good german youth international CM too

we have more youngsters coming through than they do

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yes but the length of contract doesn't matter as he is an academy player. If a team want to sign him they need to pay us compensation regardless of the fact he's out of contract.

Compensation is not going to be £15m though.

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

he might have come through the academy, but he's on a full time professional contract, so the whole compensation thing no longer applies. the compensation rule only applies when they're still on youth contracts

interesting snippet on villaview where they hear his agent is asking for silly money apparently...and bardell has a few contacts so i'm inclined to believe it

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He wants a contract like he’s a seasoned pro. 

according to the rags reporting what his agent is leaking...

i'll be honest and say i've never seen a number, seen his agent moaning and seen that he wont sign it but i've never seen "he wants £50k a week"

im sure actually very little has been said, this is just running because of the fans and the local rags, there's hardly anything to it, which is why i hate that so many are so quickly jumping on his back

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

he might have come through the academy, but he's on a full time professional contract, so the whole compensation thing no longer applies. the compensation rule only applies when they're still on youth contracts

interesting snippet on villaview where they hear his agent is asking for silly money apparently...and bardell has a few contacts so i'm inclined to believe it

You're incorrect. Google Ings move to Liverpool as an example. As long as the player has come through the academy, is offered a new contract by his club and is 24 or under there is compensation owed 

I'm not overly bothered if he goes, if he goes on to be a great, it won't be because of who he is at Villa.

He's looked ok when he's come on, neat and tidy, but by the same token, doesn't seem overly driven like a young Gerrard, not very quick, not very powerful.

I dunno.. just a bit Isiah Osbourne for me 🤷‍♂️ and at least he got an assist to Chris Sutton in his time :lol:

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

according to the rags reporting what his agent is leaking...

i'll be honest and say i've never seen a number, seen his agent moaning and seen that he wont sign it but i've never seen "he wants £50k a week"

im sure actually very little has been said, this is just running because of the fans and the local rags, there's hardly anything to it, which is why i hate that so many are so quickly jumping on his back

Gerrard’s spoken publicly about the contract negotiation stand off so we know there’s an issue. Admittedly we don’t know if the sticking point is money or just playing time but either way I think fans have a right to be suspicious of a player appearing to push for a move so early on his career when they’ve basically proven nothing at PL level. Stinks of arrogance tbh.

he may well be the next grealish in which case good luck to him. Or he’ll be a Delfouneso, bannan, carruthers etc and we’ll have forgotten who he was in a few years time. Only time will tell but I find it strange that he’s already acting like he’s too good for the current situation he’s in based on minimal evidence 

Jadon Sancho did this exact thing. Wanted guarantee of playing time. City refused that and he forced the move to Dortmund.

Money isn't a big issue at this stage of the career but playing time is key. If you are guaranteed to play you immediately improve you value which gets you the big contract earlier in your career

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

compensation is only from a British team though. Foreign teams dont have to pay that

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

compensation is only from a British team though. Foreign teams dont have to pay that

Didn't Barcelona pay compensation to West Brom for Barry? They had a dispute that it wasn't enough.

Â