Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, Condimentalist said:

Wilson would be a disaster. He's only once hit more than 8 in the league, is always injured, and would expect a big pay day. We've been here too many times before. 

I was I think under the media spell that has always told us Wilson is great , when his named popped up earlier i was thinking perfect for us except his injury history,

After reading your comment and looking at his goal record , it's very poor , revised my opinion not for us

Rank Player Club Nationality Stat 
1. Jack Grealish t7.pngAston Villa
 England
2. Trézéguet t7.pngAston Villa
 Egypt
3. Wesley t7.pngAston Villa
 Brazil
4. Anwar El Ghazi t7.pngAston Villa
 Netherlands
5. Conor Hourihane t7.pngAston Villa
 Ireland
5. John McGinn t7.pngAston Villa
 Scotland
5. Douglas Luiz t7.pngAston Villa
 Brazil

That's the list of our goal-scorers from last season. (bit harsh on Wes due to the injury), but worth noting that our other strikers got 1 goal combined. That simply isn't good enough. Now i'd love for us to unearth the next star who is going to score 20 a season, but i just dont think it's going to happen.

Instead, i think it's quite sensible to sign a few attacking options (Wilson, Watkins, another TBC) etc with the hope that they will combine collectively for those magical 20 goals that would ensure us an mid-table finish

24 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

State of anyone not taking Hogan/Wilson swap.  Wilson could walk in here, grab a singular goal and immediately retire and that'd still be a vast upgrade on Hogan.

Agreed. Be like Richard Madeley turning down a wife swap request from Kanye West. 

55 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

State of anyone not taking Hogan/Wilson swap.  Wilson could walk in here, grab a singular goal and immediately retire and that'd still be a vast upgrade on Hogan.

We would never be so lucky if it was a straight swap..im sure there are millions involved if the story is true...and i dont think it is

41 minutes ago, Gillz said:
Rank Player Club Nationality Stat 
1. Jack Grealish t7.pngAston Villa
 England
2. Trézéguet t7.pngAston Villa
 Egypt
3. Wesley t7.pngAston Villa
 Brazil
4. Anwar El Ghazi t7.pngAston Villa
 Netherlands
5. Conor Hourihane t7.pngAston Villa
 Ireland
5. John McGinn t7.pngAston Villa
 Scotland
5. Douglas Luiz t7.pngAston Villa
 Brazil

That's the list of our goal-scorers from last season. (bit harsh on Wes due to the injury), but worth noting that our other strikers got 1 goal combined. That simply isn't good enough. Now i'd love for us to unearth the next star who is going to score 20 a season, but i just dont think it's going to happen.

Instead, i think it's quite sensible to sign a few attacking options (Wilson, Watkins, another TBC) etc with the hope that they will combine collectively for those magical 20 goals that would ensure us an mid-table finish

That really is piss poor...

Yet another example highlighting the fact that we need to improve massively!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure Wilson fits the mould of where the current leadership wants to take the club. Not saying he couldn’t do a job, but I don’t think he’ll be in the top tier of targets for new strikers. 

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

Not sure Wilson fits the mould of where the current leadership wants to take the club. Not saying he couldn’t do a job, but I don’t think he’ll be in the top tier of targets for new strikers. 

I don't think you can shoehorn yourself into a mould as regards style, age etc. If a quality player becomes available, you are interested. Shouldn't over complicate it.

I am glad I am not the only person not buying the Wilson hype, he isn't the best forward at Bournemouth, if King was English they would be stating he is great as well.

For an alleged quality striker a fit Wesley would have outscored him

• Like 2

Callum Wilson finished 20th in the Prem in xG at 10.1, and was tied for 34th in xG per 90 at 0.31. In other words, he's not great, but he's a perfectly serviceable striker. Our highest finishers were Jack in xG (6.3, t-42nd) and El Ghazi and Wes tied for 41st in xG per 90 at 0.26. It's not the world class upgrade we all want, but it's an upgrade. To me this is the kind of move that would provide a solid floor while hoping that both Wesley and possibly Ollie Watkins exceed expectations.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am glad I am not the only person not buying the Wilson hype, he isn't the best forward at Bournemouth, if King was English they would be stating he is great as well.

For an alleged quality striker a fit Wesley would have outscored him

Their attacking metrics for this season were actually quite similar. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 7.36.14 PM.png

24 minutes ago, paul514 said:

After 393 pages, I am not sure we can buy anyone 👌

After that, wait till it hits 1000 there will be uproar with the speed these pages keep amassing. 

I know Danny Ings hit 22 goals this year and Vardy isn't technically playing for a traditionally "Big 6" club, but who was the last striker from outside the top 6 to hit 20 goals in the last 10 years? I imagine Benteke was the closest with 19 in 2012/13.

I very much doubt we'll be signing a ready made 20 goal/season striker. Next to impossible. We're going to have to take a gamble one way or another. Honestly Tammy Abraham seems the closest thing we can get (if we even can) to a 15/season striker at this level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I know Danny Ings hit 22 goals this year and Vardy isn't technically playing for a traditionally "Big 6" club, but who was the last striker from outside the top 6 to hit 20 goals in the last 10 years? I imagine Benteke was the closest with 19 in 2012/13.

I very much doubt we'll be signing a ready made 20 goal/season striker. Next to impossible. We're going to have to take a gamble one way or another. Honestly Tammy Abraham seems the closest thing we can get (if we even can) to a 15/season striker at this level.

Someone does it or gets close every year.

lukaku 16/17 25 everton

vardy 17/18 20 Leicester 

vardy 18/19 18 Leicester 

Ings and vardy this year

anyway what you aim for is a minimum of 12 and hopefully 15 plus with the back up getting near double figures 

Edited by paul514