Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Sky saying deal agreed with Lyon for Traore:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/12071244/bertrand-traore-aston-villa-agree-17m-deal-for-lyon-forward

Aston Villa have agreed a £17m deal with Lyon to sign forward Bertrand Traore.

Traore, who knows Villa coach John Terry from his time at Chelsea, is set for a medical with the Premier League club early this week.

16 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Sky saying deal agreed with Lyon for Traore:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/12071244/bertrand-traore-aston-villa-agree-17m-deal-for-lyon-forward

Aston Villa have agreed a £17m deal with Lyon to sign forward Bertrand Traore.

Traore, who knows Villa coach John Terry from his time at Chelsea, is set for a medical with the Premier League club early this week.

The last JT recommendation didn't go particularly well... But let's see! 

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Yeah it pains me too seeing those clubs fly past us... maybe one day we can be apart of that top six . Yeah DS was up against the wall for the most part of last season and i hope he starts the season right as id hate to see him leave. Yes i will believe in our vision and plan. UTV

Those clubs doesn't fly past us... We sunk like a stone. 

• Sad 1

It's tempting to think that these signings are going to get us comfortably mid-table, but I'm not necessarily expecting that.   I think where we'll see the difference is in the matches against the bottom half where the other team was crap and there for the taking and we just couldn't take advantage.  Ones like the Bournemouth matches, Palace away, WHU at home.   Turn a few of those draws into wins and losses into draws or wins and we're hopefully not fighting so hard for survival.  Also, these players should help us get a surprise result or two against a top half team like some of our competitors had, particularly in matches where we were in with a chance late in the game and threw it away (Spurs x 2, Liverpool home, Arsenal away).

• Like 3

I think we are desperately short in midfield. Quote me on it if he goes on to have a cracking season but i have my doubts as to whether McGinn is good enough at this level. His qualities are nullified because mostly every midfielder in the PL brings a work rate and endeavour so if those are your main attributes, you are in trouble. I think Luiz is class and will only get better 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

I think we are desperately short in midfield. Quote me on it if he goes on to have a cracking season but i have my doubts as to whether McGinn is good enough at this level. His qualities are nullified because mostly every midfielder in the PL brings a work rate and endeavour so if those are your main attributes, you are in trouble. I think Luiz is class and will only get better 

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Absolute dribble. 

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

McGinn is an exceptional player who is creative, an excellent pivot, can beat a man and has a decent defensive output.  He is definitely good enough, in fact he will be off to a 'bigger' club in a couple of years with Jack if we don't make significant progress.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think if we finalized Martinez, Rashica and Traore we’ll still be in market for a CM. 

Any ideas how real or close these three transfers are? All three are being reported as done deals but still no announcements. If players are booked in for medicals, etc, there must be some intel. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Great riposte. Love it when you get an informative thought provoking counter argument. 

Spare me the pseudo-intellectual retort. If you can't see that McGinn has proven he can be successful at this level than your choosing not to see it. It also didn't help that his first season in the PL was derailed by a snapped ankle.

Just now, MJ_1874 said:

McGinn is an exceptional player who is creative, an excellent pivot, can beat a man and has a decent defensive output.  He is definitely good enough, in fact he will be off to a 'bigger' club in a couple of years with Jack if we don't make significant progress.

Done none of that so far in the PL. Not even close to it. Championship ? Yeah, he bossed it. Yes he came back from an injury but his fitness was a concern since the 1st game last season. 

2 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

Any ideas how real or close these three transfers are? All three are being reported as done deals but still no announcements. If players are booked in for medicals, etc, there must be some intel. 

I'd imagine tomorrow there will be more movement. Can't recall many signings getting done a Sunday.