Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

15 minutes ago, striker said:

Just on the Banana link to Palace in the Mail. That’s all it is, one link, so I think people are putting too much trust in it. Really would be greatly surprised if Benrahma doesn’t end up at the Villa due to his understanding with Watkins and disappearing from Brentford’s first team at the same time Watkins did.

You would also have to consider Smith being Benrahma’s previous manager and the player fitting Smith’s footballing philosophy.

I just can’t see Hodgson wanting a player that doesn’t track back unless Zaha is definitely going?

He's certainly a player that has split opinion

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

cat kick GIF

I drop kick you.

25 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

the ultimate warrior slap GIF by WWE

shut up

So this is the response for being more realistic about how we operate as a club and fans it shows why we are in this position if fans like you are settling for whatever you get. I stated my opinions which should not be overlooked. I would welcome signings like rashica but not so much for traore or king is there anything wrong with that . Martinez would be welcome but theres a caution sign with that also we seem to think these signings will change the world. So im not trying to burst everyones bubble ,im just being realistic and i want us to not go through the stress we did last season. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

So this is the response for being more realistic about how we operate as a club and fans it shows why we are in this position if fans like you are settling for whatever you get. I stated my opinions which should not be overlooked. I would welcome signings like rashica but not so much for traore or king is there anything wrong with that . Martinez would be welcome but theres a caution sign with that also we seem to think these signings will change the world. So im not trying to burst everyones bubble ,im just being realistic and i want us to not go through the stress we did last season. 

Your post was bordering on taking the p***. Just because someone’s opinion is different to yours doesn’t give you the right to ridicule if. That’s why you got the response from posters that you did.

• Like 1

Martinez

Cash          Konsa          Mings       Targett

Luiz

Mcginn      Grealish

Rashica                                  Benrahma

Watkins

P.s with Grealish much more further up but hard to do on phone.

Subs:  Heaton, Hause, Trezeguet, Nakamba,New Cm, Wesley, ??     

That would see us more in the top 12 comfortably 

Edited by RicRic
Line up incorrect
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I think it’s because your posts appear to be searching for a cloud while ignoring the sunshine currently blazing down on VP. You say realistic, I say absurdly pessimistic. But each to their own. 

• Like 3

Just now, RicRic said:

Martinez

Luiz

Mcginn      Grealish

Watkins

Corrected the GK but yes good team!

1 minute ago, 7392craig said:

Your post was bordering on taking the p***. Just because someone’s opinion is different to yours doesn’t give you the right to ridicule if. That’s why you got the response from posters that you did.

I didn’t ridicule anything i simply shed some light on what we should be looking for, its called awareness.. people need to stop getting emotional and stop looking for any opportunity to divide fans. Im all about the football (nothing personal) and more importantly the club of Aston Villa .. have a good day 👍🏽

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RicRic said:

So why kind sir is your post any more realistic than our replies to you 🤣

And what is wrong with Traore or King, remember Smith may know how exactly he wants to utilise those players.

We are not settling for whatever we can get at all, that is you coming to conclusions and saying everyone is on the same level of thinking.

Unfortunately all our opinions are overlooked and with ease as well, we do not work for Villa and we dont have any involvement within the club, we just talk around here, have a laugh and be daft.

So you think if we sign King or Traore then we will go through what we went through last season, which I assume your saying is a relegation battle?? I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but I do not think we would at all. Having King and Traore would still be massive improvements over Samatta, Trezegeut, Ghazi.

Edited by Dave-R

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

I think it’s because your posts appear to be searching for a cloud while ignoring the sunshine currently blazing down on VP. You say realistic, I say absurdly pessimistic. But each to their own. 

I didn’t exactly say bring in lionel messi .. dont see what the problem is im just trying to show others how we can see things differently. Wolves made the right signings with a less reputation than ours so im not exactly asking for too much and besides some of the players we are looking at im fine with

Just now, RicRic said:

I didn’t ridicule anything i simply shed some light on what we should be looking for, its called awareness.. people need to stop getting emotional and stop looking for any opportunity to divide fans. Im all about the football (nothing personal) and more importantly the club of Aston Villa .. have a good day 👍🏽

No, your post was ridiculously pessimistic, and definitely deserving of being challenged. You were also laughing at people who thought we were going to do well, you see? People aren’t being emotional, they’re being rational.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

So why kind sir is your post any more realistic than our our replies to you 🤣

And what is wrong with Traore or King, remember Smith may know how exactly he wants to utilise those players.

We are not settling for whatever we can get at all, that is you coming to conclusions and saying everyone is on the same level of thinking.

Unfortunately all our opinions are overlooked and with ease as well, we do not work for Villa and we dont have any involvement within the club, we just talk around here, have a laugh and be daft.

So you think if we sign King or Traore then we will go through what we went through last season, which I assume your saying is a relegation battle?? I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but I do not think we would at all. Having King and Traore would still be massive improvements over Samatta, Trezegeut, Ghazi.

Im not sure it does and many may agree and many may not but i dont see king and traore being a huge improvement especially the latter.. it may be slightly but not huge and we need more than slightly to put us more at ease. Yes it appears to be the case that alot of us are content with the window if such signings are successful.. its better me throwing that caution then for others to think we will be okay when we wont .. anyway the window is not finished and im hoping we can all be on the same page when its concluded with the right players in

UTV! 

8 hours ago, RicRic said:

Heaton

Luiz

Mcginn      Grealish

Watkins

that midfield is too weak/lightweight imo.

we need to invest in the best possible MC we can get, someone who can play, but also do the dirty work/tracking back (ideally).

I would almost be tempted to have Luiz & McGinn as the more box to box type MCs, and have a new DM, but would be ok with Luiz as the DM and a new all rounder alongside McGinn.

the front 3 for me should be Grealish (L), Watkins (S), and a new RW/IF - possibly Rashica, Buenida, King, Cantwell, Bnerahma or whomever.

We were too easy to play through last season, having some solidity in the midfield 3 is really important.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I didn’t exactly say bring in lionel messi .. dont see what the problem is im just trying to show others how we can see things differently. Wolves made the right signings with a less reputation than ours so im not exactly asking for too much and besides some of the players we are looking at im fine with

They made very good use of a market we dont have a foot in the door with, there agent did a good job for Wolves and the right type of players were there at the right time for them.

Not as simple by just saying wolves got good signings why cant we and they had less rep than us, that is not true when there super agent had tons of rep himself.

4 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

No, your post was ridiculously pessimistic, and definitely deserving of being challenged. You were also laughing at people who thought we were going to do well, you see? People aren’t being emotional, they’re being rational.

It was challenged in a very childish manner... stick to the football as thats all i mentioned but dont get upset about it and send silly memes , write back and tell me why you dont agree .. dead simple 

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

that midfield is too weak/lightweight imo.

we need to invest in the best possible MC we can get, someone who can play, but also do the dirty work/tracking back (ideally).

I would almost be tempted to have Luiz & McGinn as the more box to box type MCs, and have a new DM, but would be ok with Luiz as the DM and a new all rounder alongside McGinn.

the front 3 for me should be Grealish (L), Watkins (S), and a new RW/IF - possibly Rashica, Buenida, King, Cantwell, Bnerahma or whomever.

We were too easy to play through last season, having some solidity in the midfield 3 is really important.

I agree mate but i dont think they will bring someone in too shift that but i have put new CM on the bench as that player would be eased in but last time i replaced one of these players everyone had a stroke. 

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

It was challenged in a very childish manner... stick to the football as thats all i mentioned but dont get upset about it and send silly memes , write back and tell me why you dont agree .. dead simple 

I’ve a feeling that you’re here looking for an argument. Or you’re on the wind up. Either way, I’ve said my piece so I’ll leave it at that.

22 minutes ago, RicRic said:

im just being realistic and i want us to not go through the stress we did last season. 

10 minutes ago, RicRic said:

people need to stop getting emotional 

Guy who spends seasons at a time being emotional tells others to not be emotional.

Math GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY