Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Our biggest problem as I see it is creating chances. Super Jack for the most part has to do it himself. I'm encouraged by Samatta's movement and pace. We just need someone apart from Jack threading the ball through to him. 

The second most prolific provider in English football is Emiliano Buendia. ( Kevin De Bruyne is number 1). 

Buendia is the sixth best creator of chances in Europe this season!?!

The fact that he's only 23 and playing for Norwich means that he should be at the very top of the shopping list if we stay up this year. 

If we can get Benrahma and Billing I'd be well happy. The 3 B's!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Boumasbabies said:

The second most prolific provider in English football is Emiliano Buendia. ( Kevin De Bruyne is number 1). 

The fact that he's only 23 and playing for Norwich means that he should be at the very top of the shopping list if we stay up this year.

I think that he's well worth a look during the next window as well.

On 27/04/2020 at 10:04, sir_gary_cahill said:

You’re putting words in to my mouth, they are 4 top class managers, when on form, Shaqiri is a top class player, probably too good for us, it was just a suggestion 

Seriously, do actually watch much football? Sorry for being blunt but from Bannan to RHM to Shaqiri I sometimes think you are trolling.  You seem to have a view very different to most people.  We all have players we love and don’t love and I’ve had my share of grief given my views on Davis but generally on the same view on other players.  You seem to be opposite on the majority of players.  It intrigues me how you see players, how you assess players and what you are seeing.

ps I know you’re not trolling and I do respect your opinion and right to have an opinion but so often seems opposite on players and it baffles me.

Edited by nick76

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Seriously, do actually watch much football? Sorry for being blunt but from Bannan to RHM to Shaqiri I sometimes think you are trolling.  You seem to have a view very different to most people.  We all have players we love and don’t love and I’ve had my share of grief given my views on Davis but generally on the same view on other players.  You seem to be opposite on the majority of players.  It intrigues me how you see players, how you assess players and what you are seeing. 

I do, I watch international matches (tournaments and friendlies, club matches in the Premier League on BT Sport. I have been a season ticket holder at Villa Park since I was 5 years old, I am 29 years old now. I also watch the Champions League on BT Sport. I’ve been going to the Youth Cup matches at Villa Park since 2006, I love football, do you watch much football? If we all had the same views on things then the world would be a boring place. Bannan has had a good career since leaving Villa, he wasn’t quite good enough for us but he was close. Whatever happens, RHM will have a good career, I don’t troll that I am aware of, I might do it without realising, I don’t know. Shaqiri has played for some of the biggest clubs in the world, he is a great player I think, do you watch much football nick76? I think I have gone a bit off topic, apologies mods

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

34 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why would he leave Norwich to come to us? We are only 1 place above them in the league

Yes, if we are in the same division, then he's unlikely to move to us. I was thinking that if they are relegated and we stay up, come the next transfer window, then he might well be available at the right price. If we are not in the PL, then he'd also be out of our reach.     

8 hours ago, Boumasbabies said:

Our biggest problem as I see it is creating chances. Super Jack for the most part has to do it himself. I'm encouraged by Samatta's movement and pace. We just need someone apart from Jack threading the ball through to him. 

Our biggest problems is our defense. Before the lock down every game Villa went into I had absolute confidence that we would concede at least one goal. Our last clean sheet was versus Newcastle in November. And they barely attacked all game. Our forward play has been quite good and most of our midfielders have chipped in with goals which is a positive. If we had Samatta from the start of the season we would have a ton of goals.

On paper our goalkeeper and central defence looks ok so I could never decide who was to blame for the goals conceded. Our full backs aren't great (at defending at least, they show flashed of promise going forward)  and I don't think we have a effective defensive midfielder as Luiz is young and goes missing and I am not sure on Marvelous tbh. The much malinged Whelan did  a cracking job for in last season's run in and we needed to replace Glenda for a younger and quicker version in the summer and I don't think we really did.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, John said:

Yes, if we are in the same division, then he's unlikely to move to us. I was thinking that if they are relegated and we stay up, come the next transfer window, then he might well be available at the right price. If we are not in the PL, then he'd also be out of our reach.     

If he was to leave Norwich, I think a bigger club than us would be in for him. I’ve only seen highlights of him on Match of The Day but he looks excellent

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

RHM doesn't have the best of attitudes SGC. 

That's  what he needs work on.

He doesn't hit much on the FA 4 Corner Model for Talent Identification.

Really? Why do you think that he doesn’t have a good attitude?

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Our biggest problems is our defense. Before the lock down every game Villa went into I had absolute confidence that we would concede at least one goal. Our last clean sheet was versus Newcastle in November. And they barely attacked all game. Our forward play has been quite good and most of our midfielders have chipped in with goals which is a positive. If we had Samatta from the start of the season we would have a ton of goals.

On paper our goalkeeper and central defence looks ok so I could never decide who was to blame for the goals conceded. Our full backs aren't great (at defending at least, they show flashed of promise going forward)  and I don't think we have a effective defensive midfielder as Luiz is young and goes missing and I am not sure on Marvelous tbh. The much malinged Whelan did  a cracking job for in last season's run in and we needed to replace Glenda for a younger and quicker version in the summer and I don't think we really did.

I agree with not replacing Whelan mate. He done a cracking job last season and if we could have got a younger version of him our midfield would vastly improve. Nakamba has been to hot and cold for me, started the season well and then went missing and luiz is not really the type of player you want in a relegation scrap. You are right about the fullbacks, at time they leave us completely exposed at the back as they are often up the field. If we had samatta at the start of the season he would be in double figures now.

I do think though we miss a bit of cutting edge. El Ghazi has missed about 3-4 sitters and is hot and cold, trez just puts his head down and runs. Our only real creativity has come from grealish and Mcginn.

As you picked up we didn’t replace Whelan, our midfield often gets bypassed completely by opposition teams.

I think we need a dm and either 2 wingers (and move jack back to number 10) or a dm, 1 winger and a number 10.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If he was to leave Norwich, I think a bigger club than us would be in for him. I’ve only seen highlights of him on Match of The Day but he looks excellent

Probably, but if you don't try you have no chance of making it happen. ;)

• Like 1

Buendia is a brilliant player! Why ever we never had a scout in Spain to recommended him to Villa a few years back i will really, never know! 

He cost Norwich just an initial £1.35mil further fee clause of £5mil paid to Gestafe when Norwich got promoted to Premier League.

It's all about using clever, astute scouting.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I do, I watch international matches (tournaments and friendlies, club matches in the Premier League on BT Sport. I have been a season ticket holder at Villa Park since I was 5 years old, I am 29 years old now. I also watch the Champions League on BT Sport. I’ve been going to the Youth Cup matches at Villa Park since 2006, I love football, do you watch much football? If we all had the same views on things then the world would be a boring place. Bannan has had a good career since leaving Villa, he wasn’t quite good enough for us but he was close. Whatever happens, RHM will have a good career, I don’t troll that I am aware of, I might do it without realising, I don’t know. Shaqiri has played for some of the biggest clubs in the world, he is a great player I think, do you watch much football nick76? I think I have gone a bit off topic, apologies mods

Yeah pretty much the same as you but I'm 43 now and my first game at Villa park was a few year older than your first game.  My dad wasnt a footy fan and my grandfather who was the Villa fan was too old.  So an older cousin took me for the first time back in the mid eighties.  Yeah I'm a season ticket holder and used to go to all away games for decades as well but not so much now for personal reasons but yeah I have Sky/BT, watch all the internet streams of away games and watch all those other games like you. 

As I said on a prior post with you that I used to go to all the lower level Villa games at Bescot, Villa Park and other venues, over the years depending where they played those games and used to get the inside gossip from key people in the know.  My only claim to fame was that I was and ITK on Sasa Curcic signing because of my contacts at the time but those days have long gone and dont know anybody on the inside these days. 

Sorry, just amazes me how we consistently have opposite opinions on Villa, so wrongly assumed that you might not watch much, so apologies but it fascinates me that our opinions are so different.  Anyway enjoy and we both want the best for the Villa so that's all that matters.

Yeah sorry mods, I will stop going off topic now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah pretty much the same as you but I'm 43 now and my first game at Villa park was a few year older than your first game.  My dad wasnt a footy fan 

Great post Nick... that's put a smile of my face.

I'm exactly same as you @nick76  My dad (R.I.P.. he died when he was year older than i am  now at 42) really didn't like football but took me to my first Villa game after i kept asking him for about 2 years. :)

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Yeah pretty much the same as you but I'm 43 now and my first game at Villa park was a few year older than your first game.  My dad wasnt a footy fan and my grandfather who was the Villa fan was too old.  So an older cousin took me for the first time back in the mid eighties.  Yeah I'm a season ticket holder and used to go to all away games for decades as well but not so much now for personal reasons but yeah I have Sky/BT, watch all the internet streams of away games and watch all those other games like you. 

As I said on a prior post with you that I used to go to all the lower level Villa games at Bescot, Villa Park and other venues, over the years depending where they played those games and used to get the inside gossip from key people in the know.  My only claim to fame was that I was and ITK on Sasa Curcic signing because of my contacts at the time but those days have long gone and dont know anybody on the inside these days. 

Sorry, just amazes me how we consistently have opposite opinions on Villa, so wrongly assumed that you might not watch much, so apologies but it fascinates me that our opinions are so different.  Anyway enjoy and we both want the best for the Villa so that's all that matters.

Yeah sorry mods, I will stop going off topic now.

Please don’t apologise, we are all Villa fans on this forum, we all want success for Villa but we all have different opinions because everyone is different! People who have different opinions to other people often get on well because they have something to talk about. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Boumasbabies said:

Money baby

Money talks these days, it’s not the way it should be but it is, there is nothing we as fans can do about it. Even if we did offer him silly money, I doubt he would want to come here, it would say a lot about the character of the player If he did want to come just for money 

On 28/04/2020 at 03:32, Boumasbabies said:

Well, it hasn't done a lot for Norwich....We also have one the most creative midfielders in the country and look where we are.

I think its barking up the wrong tree.....The stats tell us that our problem is defending and that means defending as a team.

If you study the best teams, the CDM is an absolute priority in their teams.....with us, its rarely talked about, its like a side show...You cannot create, without the ball, we are without the ball too often.....We need a ball winner, a player to turnover and turn defence in to attack. John McGinn did a bit of it, but not a dedicated one, but you can clearly see from his absence how we have dipped.

A CDM is a paradox, because its where most attacks stem from, by winning the ball.

Any creative midfielder can only function to their best, when we have such a player or players in their side......otherwise they have to abandon their post and scurry back all the time to defend deep.

It is also interesting that some teams see fit to play 2 not just 1.

ps Yes Billing is a good shout or  a better quality one.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1