Haven’t really been following F1, but this headline from the BBC Sport website:

Hamilton takes spectacular wet pole

Animated GIF

Edited by theboyangel
Thought we’d give Mr Williams a break
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m genuinely torn after the entertainment of the last race.

14:10 F1

14:15 Villa

🤔

I'm leaning towards F1 even though I've not watched a race in about 10 years.

Would be the first Villa game I've chosen not to watch for a long, long time.

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'm leaning towards F1 even though I've not watched a race in about 10 years.

Would be the first Villa game I've chosen not to watch for a long, long time.

Similar, last weeks race was the first race I’d watched from start to finish in about a year and it was incredibly entertaining.

I‘ve not missed a villa game that was available on TV (or live in the stadium) for many years.

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

I made the wrong choice and went with F1............Lando Norris likes Austria doesn't he.

I made a last minute switch to Villa after the Ferrari’s retired, phew.

Boring race really, lewis in a class of 1

Ferrari were clearly breaking the rules with last years engine, how can you go from last years pace and having every ferrari powered car being in the top 10 to all but 1 not getting in the top 10 in quali

Makes a mockery of the FIA statement last winter of saying we've told them to stop so no further action will be taken

The Pink Merc did look good this weekend, I was switching between this and the Villa so I'm not entirely sure but it definitely seemed that Perez was right on pace with Albon. 

Red Bull have looked poor all weekend, can't say I'm surprised at that. Albon qualy won't do him any good at all considering there's starting to be a bit of doubt about him and whether he's up to that seat. 

Gotta say though I find it absolutely hilarious how the Racing Point have near enough jumped every team on the grid thanks to copying the 2019 Merc. At least everything from 3rd to 20th is interesting though because Mercedes/Lewis are about to have the easiest season of their lives. Mental pace. 

Did you see the on board for Lewis pole lap? It’s a cliche that an F1 car looks like it’s on rails but that was something else, it looked like it was stuck to the tarmac going through those corners.

Edited by AVFCDAN

So this may have been discussed here or elsewhere but I was considering the cost to run a team.

The concept of having back to back races at the same track must save a huge amount on getting all that infrastructure and folk from track to track. Maybe drop four circuits and double up at four others. Or maybe a combination of dropping a couple of races and have two one year at a circuit and one the next with a corresponding one race then two at a different one. So I am not advocating 10 circuits for 20 races. Some combination. If that makes sense.

I guess also having two races at one circuit also generates a whole whack of data of the same track with different parameters. Could benefit the smaller teams. Maybe. Or maybe I am well into my cups.