Formula One - 2020

BOF

Bold predictions for 2020.

Ocon finishes higher in the standings than Ricciardo. 

Norris finishes higher than Sainz.

Gunter continues to swear like a trooper at both of his drivers when they inevitably take each other out in a race.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Looks like Mercedes have implemented some sort of steering wheel aid to move the tyre position inwards on the straights before returning to normal for the corners.

If this is allowed (early signs seem to suggest the regulators are already aware of it) it could be an even bigger advantage for Mercedes.

Bad news for neutrals or anyone who isn't a Merc fan.

There's a great video of it on action (Not quite sure how to embed it)

https://streamable.com/e48rq

It's caused every other team to shit themselves, and seems a brilliant innovation

32 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Gunter continues to swear like a trooper at both of his drivers when they inevitably take each other out in a race.

Ocon is definitely a possibility, even if I'd hate to see it.  He's clearly a very quick driver, but he's a hateful **** ponce so I'd much rather see him get battered - which I also know won't happen.

I would be amazed and mighty impressed if Lando could turn around a 96% beating against a driver who; himself; is still improving year on year.  I think the gap will definitely come down, but a Lando win is more than a bold prediction IMHO :D 

I love Günter :lol: That's more an inevitability, that prediction :)

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Ocon is definitely a possibility, even if I'd hate to see it.  He's clearly a very quick driver, but he's a hateful **** ponce so I'd much rather see him get battered - which I also know won't happen.

I would be amazed and mighty impressed if Lando could turn around a 96% beating against a driver who; himself; is still improving year on year.  I think the gap will definitely come down, but a Lando win is more than a bold prediction IMHO :D 

I love Günter :lol: That's more an inevitability, that prediction :)

I had to sneak in a certainty.

Drive to survive is back next Friday :)

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Why do you say that about Ocon? I haven't heard anything negative about him personally? 

1 minute ago, AVFCDAN said:

I had to sneak in a certainty.

Drive to survive is back next Friday :)

I'll have a think and come back with some predictions (or hopes and dreams) of my own :thumb:

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

Why do you say that about Ocon? I haven't heard anything negative about him personally? 

The one thing that properly rubbed me the wrong way about him was his behaviour and reaction to the Max Verstappen clash 2 seasons back. The one where Max ended up giving him a slap.  Now blah blah physical violence etc, but you could see Ocon was on the wind-up and Max was justified to do what he did in the circumstances.  Everyone got on their high horse about it at the time, because high horses are the fashion these days, but Ocon is a whingy sneery little prick.  He's also renowned for being a 'very political driver'.  That's a nice way of saying he's a back-stabbing word removed.  He's also French.

40 minutes ago, BOF said:

The one thing that properly rubbed me the wrong way about him was his behaviour and reaction to the Max Verstappen clash 2 seasons back. The one where Max ended up giving him a slap.  Now blah blah physical violence etc, but you could see Ocon was on the wind-up and Max was justified to do what he did in the circumstances.  Everyone got on their high horse about it at the time, because high horses are the fashion these days, but Ocon is a whingy sneery little prick.  He's also renowned for being a 'very political driver'.  That's a nice way of saying he's a back-stabbing word removed.  He's also French.

Although I remember the incident I can't recall the specifics around it, I thought Verstappen came off looking pretty badly personally. Have to say I don't really like him although I respect his talent and no doubt he'll be a world champion at some point.

F1.  The most technologically advanced racing series in the world.  Except for innovation.  We don't like innovation.  Unless it's a **** gimmick to aid overtaking because our regs are shit.  Then we're OK with innovation.

• Like 1

On 21/02/2020 at 10:18, BOF said:
On 21/02/2020 at 09:41, AVFCDAN said:

I'll have a think and come back with some predictions (or hopes and dreams) of my own :thumb:

Sergio Perez to finish top 6 in the WDC.
Williams will not finish 10th in WCC.
Racing Point will be best of the rest for most of the season and will threaten the top 3 on occasion.

59 minutes ago, BOF said:

Carlos Sainz to finish top 6 in the WDC.
Williams will not finish 10th in WCC.
Racing Point will be best of the rest for most of the season and will threaten the top 3 on occasion.

Norris is in for a hell of a season then 😆

I'm hoping this could be the closest midfield battle for years. Renault wont want to be left behind and like you say Racing Point have got to be thereabouts while basically running last years Merc. Haas have been doing well in recent years as well and Williams will have to have improved somewhat. Maybe this will be the vintage year we've been waiting a while for.

18 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Kubica with the best time this morning.

Has he still got it? Will he be the main driver next season?

pxdcA.gif

He's reserve driver for Alfa this season, and that time was set on the stickiest compound (C5).  Everyone else other than Latifi (C4) & Gasly (C4) are on the harder compounds.

22 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Kubica with the best time this morning.

Has he still got it? Will he be the main driver next season?

Last season made it clear he doesn't still have it.

He'd a reserve driver this season.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Last season made it clear he doesn't still have it.

He'd a reserve driver this season.

I know that - I meant next season as the one after ;)

He drove the worst car last year so who knows, maybe a better team would use his to bigger advantage. 

• Like 1