Formula One - 2020

BOF

**** hell, might as well switch it off, the only excitement at the front of the race was the fact that Max was running a different strategy to Mercedes, now its a Mercedes 1, 2 with everyone on the same strategy.

Ferrari looks a bag of shit at the moment, usually the cars in the middle of the pack just let them past to save time defending against an inevitable overtake but they don't seem to have any fear at all of them now.

Nice to see Norris up in 4th, he'll drop off throughout the race but it good to see him up there regardless.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Both Mercedes told to get right off the curbs as gearbox sensors are “critical”, engines turned down and are still 10 seconds clear. 

Cant help but think that's a bluff to slow the drivers down to ensure the result

With a safety car now we will find out, expect Mercedes to turn the engines up again

12 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Cant help but think that's a bluff to slow the drivers down to ensure the result

Could be but other cars retired with same fault. 
Could be an exciting 10 laps now.

What. A. Race.

God I've missed this sport. What a drive from Lando, fastest lap on the last lap to get that podium is unreal. Sainz in P5 as well, the turnaround from McLaren considering where they were a few years ago is amazing. I have no idea how Leclerc managed to get that Ferrari on a podium, the last few laps just become a blur and I didn't even properly realise he was up in the top 3 😆 Vettel though, oh dear. I think it's best for him to retire at the end of this season. 

Austria is the best track on the grid, hands down. Bring on next week. 

After seeing the replays a dozen times now I'm perplexed as to why Hamilton was given a penalty, he was on the inside, on the racing line and didn't stray off that line or change the steering angle of the car, it looks more like Albion turned into him

8 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

After seeing the replays a dozen times now I'm perplexed as to why Hamilton was given a penalty, he was on the inside, on the racing line and didn't stray off that line or change the steering angle of the car, it looks more like Albion turned into him

I thought it was harsh and was waiting for a hissy fit from Lewis. He didn’t drive into him, but could possibly have moved into the space to his right to avoid hitting him as Albon was ahead.

All official. As much as I'm delighted to see him back in the sport I can't see him challenging the podiums he craves back at Renault. They seem to be going backwards, 2 years ago they were top of the midfield but now you'd have them behind the McLaren and possibly Racing Point. 

In fairness, had Max not binned it after encountering the emerging car he'd have been a lot closer than 1.2s. Still job done for Lewis though. Looking good for him.