Formula One - 2020

BOF

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think your original Danny prediction is nailed on now. There's no way Ocon's Renault beats a Danny Rick McLaren. And 2 things. Firstly Lando is never ever number 1 over Ricciardo at McLaren, and secondly a McLaren is not beating a Ferrari in the WDC.

I’m taking about this season.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BOF said:

I have honestly missed F1 more than football.

Same here, with other sports returning hopefully we will get some racing soon 

City races would be fun. Imagine not being allowed to move freely in your city due to Corona and then the F1 circus rolls in and closes the city center :D 

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

City races would be fun. Imagine not being allowed to move freely in your city and then the F1 circus rolls in and closes the city center :D 

Birmingham Super Prix used to do that. Had a friend used to live in a high rise, it was like a chavy Monaco, brilliant.

Actually put Bham into debt I think that's why it was stopped.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I am in America and thought I would see how I can watch the season.  Looks as if a streaming service F1TV is the way to go.  What gives me pause is that discussion on Reddit, all be it, rather old is that it is a waste of time. ie very poor quality.  Has anyone heard anything about this service?  It is dirt cheap but then again so am I 😁

6 hours ago, Withnail said:

So I am in America and thought I would see how I can watch the season.  Looks as if a streaming service F1TV is the way to go.  What gives me pause is that discussion on Reddit, all be it, rather old is that it is a waste of time. ie very poor quality.  Has anyone heard anything about this service?  It is dirt cheap but then again so am I 😁

I'd maybe try and find up to date info. I know it had problems, and it may still do, but those services do typically start off troublesome and then improve, so old info might be completely redundant (or it might not). Can you trial run it maybe? I've not used it so can't offer anything firsthand. Good luck!

7 hours ago, Withnail said:

Can you get Now TV in the US, maybe via a VPN? 

On 27/06/2020 at 04:43, Genie said:

Can you get Now TV in the US, maybe via a VPN? 

Cheers for the input BOF and Genie. Bit the bullet and went for F1TV. Only $60US. There was some more updated info on reddit. People are complaining about the 25 FPS (normal 50 FPS?) but watching some old races it looks OK. Maybe my bad eyes or maybe the beers but it’ll do. The endless saga of Villa has left me a little giddy with anticipation. Roll on Friday. 

• Like 1

Fantastic qualy from Lando, he's looked very good this weekend. Ferrari on the other hand are in a right mess. 

I can't really see anyone properly challenging the Mercs again this season but I didn't really expect anything different.

Edited by Farlz

On 15/05/2020 at 21:35, AVFCDAN said:

Norris still beats Sainz (surely promoted to number one driver now). Interesting to see who the number one driver is next year, as of right now.

Norris qualifies 4th first race.

49 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Fantastic qualy from Lando, he's looked very good this weekend. Ferrari on the other hand are in a right mess. 

I can't really see anyone properly challenging the Mercs again this season but I didn't really expect anything different.

Yep very much business as usual from Mercedes as was unfortunately expected, last season was just a complete bore fest because of Mercedes dominance. 

Still it makes people take more interest in the middle of the pack.

Regardless of the mess that Ferrari are in it was still a shock to see Ze German go out in Q1.

52 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Yep very much business as usual from Mercedes as was unfortunately expected, last season was just a complete bore fest because of Mercedes dominance. 

Still it makes people take more interest in the middle of the pack.

Regardless of the mess that Ferrari are in it was still a shock to see Ze German go out in Q1.

Funny though!!!!