Relegation thread

Knutserov13

Just now, Farlz said:

West Ham with nothing to play for on Sunday now. That should be a good thing right? 

Should be a good thing. I don't think we have to worry about the opposition at this point. Our concerns rest solely on which Villa team turn up on the final day. 

Seen this on the Watford Forum made me laugh. That clutching on straws is already over. It's the Hope that kills you.

funny.jpg

Edited by messi11
  • Haha 1

Reasons to be Positive:

• West Ham officially safe! 
  • Bowen Injured
  • West Ham nothing to play for
  • Playing in a Claret & Blue stadium 
  • West Ham will be on skyscanner tonight booking their holidays
  • Moyes is old score and would hate seeing tinpot clubs in the PremierLeague 
Edited by messi11
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Seen this on the Watford Forum made me laugh. That clutching on straws is already over. It's the Hope that kills you.

funny.jpg

Gotta feel for them. Their club is a mess. They're holding on for dear life over there.

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

United are words removed that is why.

Genuinely think our history and status meant Arsenal last 10 minutes didn't really push for a winner. It was a sort of respect. I hope for the same from West Ham

i think thats highly unlikely.

I doubt most of Arsenals players care and/or know much about our history.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

Also, has any club ever not been relegated after going through 4 managers in a single season??

To be fair, the only reason you’d sack so many managers is if you’re consistently losing matches.

Think I’m more worried about Bournemouth than I am Watford ...  Everton were garbage against us and Bournemouth have it in them to win there 

Its going to be nervy however you look at it , even with all 3 teams losing it could come down to who loses by the fewer amount of goals between us and Watford 

8 minutes ago, messi11 said:

funny.jpg

At my lowest ebb, I always have a look at other strugglers fans forum. It's a tonic not to feel totally alone in misery. 

6 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Reasons to be Positive:

• West Ham officially safe! 
  • Bowen Injured
  • West Ham nothing to play for
  • Playing in a Claret & Blue stadium 
  • West Ham will be on skyscanner tonight booking their holidays
  • Moyes is old score and would hate seeing tinpot clubs in the PremierLeague 

Ron Paul - It's Happening GIF [IMGUR] - GIF - Imgur

16 minutes ago, Farlz said:

West Ham with nothing to play for on Sunday now. That should be a good thing right? 

They had nothing to play for tonight either, but still put in a good pefromance.

Watford and us needed to overtake them for them to go down, and for Watford to go above them needed a 15 goal swing to happen. They were already safe, why are Villa fans trying to convince themselves that tonights game meant any more for West Ham than Sunday will?

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

They had nothing to play for tonight either, but still put in a good pefromance.

Watford and us needed to overtake them for them to go down, and for Watford to go above them needed a 15 goal swing to happen. They were already safe, why are Villa fans trying to convince themselves that tonights game meant any more for West Ham than Sunday will?

I’d be more afraid of them had they lost 4-0, having their pride been bruised. Now they’re mathematically safe, and doing alright (nothing amazing) morale wise. Good set up for us.

Just now, Enda said:

I’d be more afraid of them had they lost 4-0, having their pride been bruised. Now they’re mathematically safe, and doing alright (nothing amazing) morale wise. Good set up for us.

Yes, of course.. but people are claiming tonights game meant more for them hence they put in a performance.. which is simply not true

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Correct they were safe (just not mathematically) they are playing well tho and im sue will be a tough team to break down Sunday. But were playing better also with a little more confidence, we need to win to avoid looking over our shoulders.   

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Yes, of course.. but people are claiming tonights game meant more for them hence they put in a performance.. which is simply not true

Let me put it another way, if our goal difference was 15 better than Watfords and Bournemouths would anyone think we are still in a relegation fight going into the last day? hand on heart..

and on top of that imagine Watford were also 3 points behind.

Edited by Junxs