Relegation thread

Knutserov13

9 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

You little ray of sunshine you!!!

😉 Someone needs to be a doom and gloom merchant.

Come on the boys. Need 180 good minutes to put an end to this miserable season. Couldn’t even enjoy the LCF properly with Watford beating Liverpool the night before. All be forgotten if can get across the line.

31 minutes ago, useless said:

Even if they were to beat Manchester City just 1-0, it would mean they would be six points ahead of us and have a better goal difference by five goals, so to stand a chance we'd have win both games and somehow catch up with their goal difference over those two games. Them just getting a point would put massive pressure on us because it would mean that we would then at least have to get a point later on or we will be offically relegated, basically we have to better their result tomorrow to at least take it to the last day of the season.

In the first scenario, we have 2 games to make up a 5 goal difference. Assuming they lose the final game, which is the only way we'd finish above them anyway, making up 5 goals in 2 games isn't the end of the world. But yeah, scary thought considering them actually getting something tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

That's fair - I haven't been to the Holte in a decade so I don't think I'm influenced by anyone in particular, by my first (and second and tenth) thought was that he bottled it. I think lot of players from Nat Lighthouse to Nathan Baker would have buried it, but that's obviously just opinion and reasonable people can disagree. 

Nah, keeper would have seen him from miles away.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hippo said:

???

A Watford draw and villa defeat relegates us doesn't it ?

He said this time tomorrow which at the time meant at the end of the Watford game. Even if Watford win, we still wouldn't be relegated.

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Honestly don't know what you're getting at.

The fate of one game will change opinions?

I based my opinions on the whole season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

The fate of one game will change opinions?

I based my opinions on the whole season.

Opinions of what, whether or not we'll be relegated? The chances of that fluctuate wildly by match week and of course opinions on its likelihood will follow suit. Unless of course you're talking about something else.

2 hours ago, hippo said:

???

A Watford draw and villa defeat relegates us doesn't it ?

Not unless they double the points for a win on the final day. Well they changed the rules midway through the season  for five subs to help the big clubs.

That's numberwang.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Opinions of what, whether or not we'll be relegated? The chances of that fluctuate wildly by match week and of course opinions on its likelihood will follow suit. Unless of course you're talking about something else.

I am talking about the events game by game that led me and others to think, we are going to be in trouble.

Tomorrows game is just the straw that could break the camels back......Tomorrows game is just another battle for 3 points.

I find it strange that one game will change opinions, despite the conclusion it brings.

If we lose tomorrow, I will not feel any worse about Dean Smith, it will just be 22 defeats in lieu of 21

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I am talking about the events game by game that led me and others to think, we are going to be in trouble.

Tomorrows game is just the straw that could break the camels back......Tomorrows game is just another battle for 3 points.

I find it strange that one game will change opinions, despite the conclusion it brings.

If we lose tomorrow, I will not feel any worse about Dean Smith, it will just be 22 defeats in lieu of 21

Yeah that's probably for the Dean Smith thread then. This one's about our survival hopes.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Yeah that's probably for the Dean Smith thread then. This one's about our survival hopes.

and there is no relation of course.....he's only the catalyst to it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TRO said:

I think if we get twatted against Arsenal......opinions will change quicker than a whores draws.

I think if we beat arsenal.... Opinions still won't change because there are some who's mind is made up no matter what.

I feel so nervous for tonight 🤢

Will build up firstly to 5pm when I see how much Pep has rotated which will then take me through 90 minutes of hell from 6pm to around 7.55 (Hopefully with a little bit of Arteta rotating his entire squad with u12's)  followed by another dose 8.15 to 9.55 of hell.

Im not sure why but I just have a feeling tonight, you know when you just get that feeling?  Jacks potential last game for us at Home, Davis having not scored for what seems like decades, Connor back in the side with a point to prove, Mings standing up to be counted and Deano the Villa fan with the great escape

Me neither........... Villa 0 Arsenal 2

• Haha 2