Relegation thread

Knutserov13

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

My rant was more the moneymen than players. Players get a shit deal from the media and fans

Oh yeah I know. My post was in response to the accountants saving them tax.

18 hours ago, deeps said:

Bruce is trying to keep his job, isn’t he? If he can creep in the top half it would be harsh to sack him so think that’s the end game. 

Is Bruce in danger? Just think where Smith should be!

4 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Is Bruce in danger? Just think where Smith should be!

The alleged new owners won't want Bruce unless he has a crazy end of season which he is doing

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think the people claiming that they are "looking forward to the Championship" are lying to themselves.

Premier League is the place to be, and it's where the opportunities open up for more prestigious games.

"Yeah but all you can hope for is to make up the numbers at best".

Bollox.

Leicester say hello, Wolves say hello, Sheffield United etc say hello.

On a more selfish level, it makes it harder for me to watch games.

Typical I have a 2 year contract with BEIN Sports to watch us since we got promoted as well ffs.

I love winning. I hate to see us lose, and especially I hate us being so badly outplayed every game with the opposition in first gear.

So, the Champ isn't that bad. 

Edited by AVTuco
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

One of the things that dicked us over this year was the sheer amount of players we needed to buy. If the number of players we need to bring in is 5 and not 12, we can purchase much better quality.

the thing is, in hindsight, we didn't need 12. the management just decided that the likes of whelan and hutton wouldn't cut it in the premiership when they actually would've been no worse than marvelous and guilbert. that would have been 15m without even thinking too hard that could have turned a wesley into a maupay or a trez into benrahma. thats before we start talking about whether the likes of albert could have done a job...i'd have him over trez right now personally

we released a lot of experience on free transfers. players who would have been instrumental in that 10 game winning run and subsequent play off campaign. maybe not so much from an ability standpoint and contribution in games, but behind the scenes there must have been a real togetherness that the management just threw away when we replaced the whole squad.

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the thing is, in hindsight, we didn't need 12. the management just decided that the likes of whelan and hutton wouldn't cut it in the premiership when they actually would've been no worse than marvelous and guilbert. that would have been 15m without even thinking too hard that could have turned a wesley into a maupay or a trez into benrahma. thats before we start talking about whether the likes of albert could have done a job...i'd have him over trez right now personally

Guilbert was signed last January transfer window before promotion. We cant have 3 right backs in a 25 man squad. 

Whelan is playing League 1 after being kicked out of a relegated Scottish league team. Nakamba is 100 times more useful than Whelan or Jedi combined

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Guilbert was signed last January transfer window before promotion. We cant have 3 right backs in a 25 man squad. 

Whelan is playing League 1 after being kicked out of a relegated Scottish league team. Nakamba is 100 times more useful than Whelan or Jedi combined

I just don't get this idea likes of Whelan would have improved us , as you point out look at where Whelan is playing now. He was done in the PL the same as Jedinek and Hutton.Are some of the signings we made not good enough , yes but that doesn't  mean the ones let go where any better.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yeah i agree jedinak is bad...but whelan was good for us in that 10 game run. i couldn't care less where he is now, i'm just saying i dont see him being any worse than nakamba when you factor in his knowledge of the league and team.

and fair doos about guilbert...forgot he was signed in jan.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i hated the championship. weekly mid week games, sub par football, and being the constant ridicule by mates that support small, shite teams like southampton, palace and bournemouth that they're the big boys and we're languishing in the lower leagues. **** the championship. big away allocations is about the only plus but that's negated now because we wont even be able to attend any games for the foreseeable future

Villa will turn it all around mate and you'll have the last laugh or no......just get new mates 😂

47 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

we released a lot of experience on free transfers. players who would have been instrumental in that 10 game winning run and subsequent play off campaign. maybe not so much from an ability standpoint and contribution in games, but behind the scenes there must have been a real togetherness that the management just threw away when we replaced the whole squad.

We might of made a total mess of who we recruited but the call to release who we did when we did was spot on. I'll not knock them for that. Look where those players are since basically. Hutton and Jedinak have effectively retired. Whelan got released by Hearts, at Fleetwood now. Elphick, Adomah and Green( recently released ) all playing championship football. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, maqroll said:

We could conceivably take all three points off Palace and West Ham. We could draw against Everton. 

we could....but it is highly unlikely.

we could have done a lot of things, all season, but we didn't.

9 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

6 points worse off than us

are those the 6 points we took off them?

pity we couldn't have done it against Bournemouth and and extra 3 off Watford.... that 9 would have come in handy.

Just now, Johnnyp said:

We might of made a total mess of who we recruited but the call to release who we did when we did was spot on. I'll not knock them for that. Look where those players are since basically. Hutton and Jedinak have effectively retired. Whelan got released by Hearts, at Fleetwood now. Elphick, Adomah and Green( recently released ) all playing championship football. 

The issue is why they were all here to be released. We needed a set up looking to the future for promotion not signing stopgap quickfixes

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The issue is why they were all here to be released. We needed a set up looking to the future for promotion not signing stopgap quickfixes

Pretty much. And we kinda got into the spend our way out of it and short term fix mentality the summer we went down really right up to last January. 2 or 3 players carried that team to promotion. You'll see what these owners are really about with the business they do should we drop down. 

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The doc really did screw us over in those 2 years. He couldn't give a flying **** about long term sustainability. His greedy little hands wanted that PL money ASAP.

If the Championship had broadcasting like the PL does, where I can watch every game live and on demand, I wouldn't mind one bit going back down there. It was actually fun. The worst part of it was just watching a stream of a drunk bloke yelling at his stream of another stream.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We are paying for the atrocious transfers that we made in our first season in the championship.We spent a huge amount of our parachute payments on total dross McCormack, Kodja,Hogan,Tsibola etc .I think about 50 million was wasted.

Bruce then had to recruit players for low or minimal transfer fees who were mostly coming to the end of their careers Whelan Jedinak etc or fill the squad out with loan players Axel,Abraham .

That effectively left us with no stable collective core we could add to when we got promoted.We had to create a brand new team and as we see some of the recruitment has been poor.

Has a premier league club ever signed so many players at one time before and been successful?I can’t think of any.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Take it from someone who advises PL footballers. They pay their tax fairly. It comes out as PAYE. Further footballers do plenty for the community and charity and a lot of it you never hear about it.

They also earn a lot of money from endorsements which we don’t hear about either. 

I’m sure some of them do a lot we don’t hear about, but they are paid an incredible amount of money. I know it’s a market economy and I’m generally supportive of that in principle, but they are bleeding the clubs dry. When a footballer earns more in a week than a doctor earns in a year then there’s something wrong. 

43 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

The doc really did screw us over in those 2 years. He couldn't give a flying **** about long term sustainability. His greedy little hands wanted that PL money ASAP.

I can’t imagine the damage he would have done had we won the Fulham playoff final. 

• Like 1