Match Thread: LCSF2: Villa v Leicester

limpid

Just now, Dave-R said:

Yeah, they all can't keep backing off, someone must go out your right. We're asking for trouble if we dont take it to them and apply pressure more because we're then relying that Nyland will save everything and it just won't be that. What was a spectacular half for Nyland could end up making him look bad in the second if the CB's don't do there job properly. 

Agreed. And I really want for him to get a clean sheet. He deserves it on this performance.

• Thanks 1

Just now, sne said:

67%

Konsa has 50%...

All 3 of the centre backs not been exactly great on the ball. Nerves I think in Hause's and Konsa's case. Positionally though ok for me, they are quickly compact and they're forcing them to try and play round them down the outside mostly. Luiz could help out a bit more like Nakamba but then we lose balance attack/defence. Jack great so far, Samatta been in some good positions showing for it and it's gone wide. Like his movement so far, needs to get up to speed though. 

• Like 1

Just now, thunderball said:

Sammatta getting into good positions but the team are just not used to our forward playing there so we are following the same patterns: down the flanks and looking for running midfielders . Target tried some Low balls into the box from the line but not happening yet. 

Marvelous can’t play anything other than a 5 yard quick pass; Mings looks like he has an error in him tonight, I hope not; Luiz not quite in the groove; Haus is great at giving away possession.

These aimless clearances and long balls will cost us

Very true, almost comical at times.

He does this really well thou with a 93% passing accuracy

• Like 2

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

I'll be flabbergasted if we keep a clean sheet here.

And although it's a semi-final, my main hope for this match is to see more encouragement that we'll be good enough to stay up.

Does that make me a bad person?

Yes. But also reasonable.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

There has to be a scapegoat for some on here even when we're winning

Perhaps you should go and learn what scapegoat means:

"a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency."

Saying he is looking like a liability at the moment is not scapegoating. Thanks.

I like the look of Samatta. He gets into good positions.

For the Targett goal he took up a poachers position at the back post.

Later in the half, Freddie Guilbert crossed into the box and there were four Villa players in there. Again, Samatta took up an attacking position unmarked at the back post. 

Mid-half, Luiz broke and had a through-ball on but turned out wide instead. The through-ball, had he played it, would have seen Samatta running off the shoulder of Evans into the channel and clean through. 

You can see he thinks like a striker. For his first game, that's good to see. 

• Like 2