The Royal Family

Genie

50 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

"Can we ask that all fans refrain from using The Queensway Tunnel after the match"

Especially in reverse. 

I know there is shall we say mixed sentiment on here for The Royals but it really is priceless publicity for us. 

The Royals remain massive news, especially in USA. 

FFS. First magic oil, and now this bollox. 

Fragments said to be from the cross on which Jesus was crucified will be included in a newly made Cross of Wales used at the head of the coronation procession in Westminster Abbey.

The relics of what is known as the True Cross were given to King Charles by Pope Francis, as a coronation gift.

BBC

FB_IMG_1681819869061.jpg

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 3

If this was his own idea, then the long wait has totally sent him over the edge. 

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Jacob Rees-Mogg was behind it. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

People watching the Coronation will be invited to join a "chorus of millions" to swear allegiance to the King and his heirs, organisers say.

The public pledge is one of several striking changes to the ancient ceremony revealed on Saturday. 

The public will be given an active role in the ceremony for the first time, with people around the world set to be asked to cry out and swear allegiance to the King.

This "homage of the people" replaces the traditional "homage of peers" where hereditary peers swear allegiance to the new monarch. Instead everyone in the Abbey and watching at home will be invited to pay homage in what Lambeth Palace described as a "chorus of millions". 

BBC

My first reaction to this is utter disgust. However, having thought about it there might be some benefit...

Spoiler

When Charlie pops inevitably pops it and King Willie makes everyone publicly declare that they're 'Villa Till I Die'.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Royal Family have a very similar opinion of JRM as the majority of the population apparently

I have very specific painful things that I'd do to that complete aardvark bummer.

• Like 1

Â