The Royal Family

Genie

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Fair point, they also do some charity work.

I think it involves them staying out of the way while people do the real work, then turning up every few years and waving, but, and this is where it gets complicated, not necessarily from a balcony.

The Queen carrying on her civil duties well into   her 90s. Yes they may have a better living the most but they are always in the eye of the public and that itself must be very very difficult to live your entire life bye very easy to make targets these people. She was a credit to our nation

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I expected all the professional/adult stuff to get wiped but I was really hoping the kids would get to play their first games of the season, but no. 
Pisses me right off. 

100% agree, they’ve even cancelled the boys training this evening ffs

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

IMHO Trevor Sinclair should be fired for being a crappy football pundit but not for this. I am a 100% woke politically correct guy and a proud card carrying member of cancel culture, but its ok to have a ludicrously wrong  opinion about the queen, sure  its crass and tasteless but I get very queasy about firing people for being rude about heads of state. He has incited no violence, he is just a fool. 

I sort of agree, but social media behaviour is often looked at by employers now. We've had people sacked at our place for saying stuff on Twitter and FB, even when it isn't obvious who they work for or they haven't got any mention of their job on their profile. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I read something yesterday about the cost of replacing bank notes , stamps etc  ..it ran into tens of Billions  .. thankfully post boxes apparently don't get automatically changed  otherwise it would be even higher , but any new ones will have a new insignia on them 

Would it though?

The notes/coins with the Queen on will still be valid for years, they'll just be replaced in the due course as new ones will have Charles on them. There have been 5 different versions of the Queen's profile on coins anyway throughout time. 

Tens of billions sounds like someone is hoping to take a cut! Probably the Tories eh Tone? #satire

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Wanna see Charles’s coronation and just as he’s been sworn in, Jim Ross on commentary pipes up with “ Wait a minute, that’s the Queen’s music!!! “ 

All the lights go out and a single bell starts to ring

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

She’s gonna turn up on RAW monday  night. 

In the casket and Paul Bearer with the Urn controlling her 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

That awkward moment when the bishop giving the thanksgiving speech for a global figure, televised to the world, and they keep misreading the word 'depth' as 'death' and stumbling over the reading. Oops.

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Believe it or not, a lot of women actually enjoy weeping, and will go out of their way to find books and films they can have a good blart to.

Men like being happy, women like being sad. 

No wonder most marriages are unhappy ;)

Â