The Royal Family

Genie

9 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I remember when Diana died. I was in Majorca (or maybe it was Minorca) on a family holiday. Sat in a some British bar, a passing middle aged English woman was walking past and I saw her ask a fellow patron what was going on. The guy literally just says “Diana’s died in a car crash.”

It was the fastest I’ve seen somehow start crying, her handkerchief seemingly appearing like it was a magician’s trick. It was like he told her it was one of her family members. And this bloke clearly not expecting that response, sitting there awkwardly.

Believe it or not, a lot of women actually enjoy weeping, and will go out of their way to find books and films they can have a good blart to.

Heart rendering speech by the king. More of I’ve  lost my mum than preaching as the king of England. Please he mentioned Harry and Megan and his love for them. With Wills and Kate backing up the countries in safe hands 

4 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Why do people cry over the death of someone they've never met? 

Honestly, I can't get my head around it. Let's all go to Buckingham Palace, spend £20 on some flowers & stand in the rain crying about a woman we never met but had a life far easier and privileged than any of us can begin to imagine.

Humans are weird. 

I guess there are a lot of folks with similar views. As a rebuttal I would say that it's shaky ground to be posting this on a football forum, where we get so worked up about a game that has no real importance and is played by millionaires that we'll never meet, who come from places that are nowhere near where we or the club are from. 

• Like 4

Just now, HKP90 said:

I guess there are a lot of folks with similar views. As a rebuttal I would say that it's shaky ground to be posting this on a football forum, where we get so worked up about a game that has no real importance and is played by millionaires that we'll never meet, who come from places that are nowhere near where we or the club are from. 

100% this

Wait and see how many times you see "weekend ruined thanks villa" on here this season

They're both perplexing in equal measures, so emotionally attached to something we have no control over 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Yes of course that’s all they do blah blah

Fair point, they also do some charity work.

I think it involves them staying out of the way while people do the real work, then turning up every few years and waving, but, and this is where it gets complicated, not necessarily from a balcony.

• Like 1

Â