Krzysztof Piątek

Farlz

We always get strikers wrong it seems. This transfer made too much sense for it to actually happen. Watch us sign another Hogan, Kodjia, Baros, Wesley, Bowery, Harewood, Crouch. Ayew, Gestede, McCormack instead. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

We always get strikers wrong it seems. This transfer made too much sense for it to actually happen. Watch us sign another Hogan, Kodjia, Baros, Wesley, Bowery, Harewood, Crouch. Ayew, Gestede, McCormack instead. 

Benteke, Carew, Dion, Tammy, Yorke...Kodj (first two seasons), latter day JPA.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It was all fun and games but again, as I have stated before, anyone who thinks we will be dropping big dollars on signing this January is deluded.

The remit is clear, wheel and deal and try and stay in the league without being reckless.

I'll take that bet. What are you calling "big dollars"?

10 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Benteke, Carew, Dion, Tammy, Yorke...Kodj (first two seasons), latter day JPA.

We've had a few. Especially Yorke, Dion and Benteke. But compared it's not impressive. Didn't even mention Balaban. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

It's always seemed too good to be true. 

Milan are a basket case so it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that they might sell or loan him. 

But if they do, there will be a very long queue for his services.

Anyway he's no Assombalonga 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Yes, his RECENT stats are a problem. He's been pretty bad this season for them. He has a 1 in 2 strike rate overall in Serie A but that's only because of how prolific he had been last season which is closer to a 1.5 in 2 strike rate. His strike rate this season? 1 in 5 or 300 minutes per goal, and he's been playing a lot of minutes, that's clearly a massive drop off. He's been getting chances according to understat, its just he's been failing to score them. Why do you think he's being sold to us for such a relatively cheap price to begin with if he's really that good? Why have I been reading stuff like how Milan fans think his last season was a fluke?

I just wanted to point out that he's not some currently high-scoring striker that we've somehow able to potential secure the services off. This is a striker who had a very good single season in Serie A, but is currently in a really barren spell especially for his standards, hence why his club is willing to sell him to us for such a price. I think considering his recent form, its very much plausible he won't actually be very good for us, so it would be wise to not expect too much and I can totally see him going the way of the other expensive foreign strikers that have come into the PL recently. I'm actually still all things considered, pretty excited for the signing.

Surely you could say the same for Giroud, Benteke or Glenn Murray this season?

It is very very very unlikely we'll sign anyone who's scoring loads this season. Auba, Vardy, Mane we obviously aren't signing any of them! So it will be striker with good ish scoring record from minor league e.g. Wesley or we go after someone who has scored lots but hit turbulance recently like Piatek.

30 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Our striker record since the 90s is pathetic imo.

The odd gem like Benteke turns up but we've spent a ridiculous amount on s*** for so long. I remember years back when Spurs fans were on here (not just Glaston) and they were all saying they couldn't understand why we didn't just go out and get in a proven one instead of just wasting millions on Marlon Harewood. This was in the days of when they were finishing above us and had strikeforce of Berbatov, Defoe, Keane and Darren Bent.

Sometimes you just need to set your sights a little higher and get in a striker who's got decent number of international caps and experience in a major european league. Punts like Wesley have risk and as we've seen he's struggled so far as a week in week out striker at this level.

Piatek fits my criteria nicely. If we're to become a major force again at this level within next 18 months we need to start signing players of this calibre. Jack Grealish will certainly be expecting a forward player more on his wavelength.

• Like 3

We never really had a manager that likes goalscoring strikers and Bent and Kozak only poachers we have had. Best striker MON worked with was Larsson who he inherited at Celtic. Everybody else in the same mould and has gone since then

The Decent strikers i've seen here were mainly back in the 80's/90's i agree.

Brian little

Andy Gray

Gary Shaw

Peter Withe (Reminds me a bit of Piatek actually)

Juan Pablo Angel (That one season in particular)

Dean Saunders

Dwight Yorke

John Carew

Gabby before he put weight on

Benteke (although he always seemed to start the season slowly)

None of the others really stick in my thinking that much, i did like Adama Traore and posted on here at the time that he reminded me of Tony Morley somewhat, he has developed of course since then into a slightly different & more muscular player than Morley was but it was clear there was a top class player in there & i was gutted when he left.

Lots of very poor strikers other than that lot though.

• Like 1

Â