Tom13

On 06/02/2022 at 10:56, Laughable Chimp said:

Got a 5.76 rating on whoscored for the Exeter match. Holy shit, that's pretty bad.

On 06/02/2022 at 15:48, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve never thought he is. He won’t be a PL footballer. 

On 06/02/2022 at 12:34, Spoony said:

I’m starting to think he really isn’t the real deal…

Don't ever change Villa Talk, how we wright off our own is unbelievable at times.  18 YRS OLD FFS! Archer was pretty average last year!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Don't ever change Villa Talk, how we wright off our own is unbelievable at times.  18 YRS OLD FFS! Archer was pretty average last year!

I don't know how many times I have to say this, but thinking a player played poorly in a single game is not the same as writing them off. 

I don't write anyone off at youth level. There are late bloomers and there are highly rated youngsters who end up in the lower leagues. But certainly, I'm going to take into account how well a player plays right now in my future expectations of him. Whether they've played well or they've played poorly.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, messi11 said:

Arjan Raikhy is the new Thiago

thats harsh! the poster clarified the statement before he made it...but yeah i read it and though imagine the talksport headline 😂 

reminded me of when gabby said something along the lines of jack grealish runs with the ball in a similar style to iniesta and TS ran the headline "Grealish is as good as Iniesta" or some such bollocks

Swindon were already three goals down when they replaced their strikers with subs. Probably didn't think it was a good situation to bring him into, also the two players they brought on to replace the forwards were on loan at Chippenham Town in the first half of the season, which might suggest that they accepted that the game was already lost, so used it as an opportunity to give some fringe players a chance, rather than risk injury to Barry🧐.

Edited by useless

27 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

its called league 2....

It was my first instinct and I’m not a professional footballer. Not saying I’d be able to carry it out but he should at least try it. 

• Like 2

On 07/02/2022 at 21:37, messi11 said:

For anyone not catched up with all the threads on Villatalk, here is the Latest:

Fans saying Davis and Archer should now replace Ings and Watkins in the first team next season
Posters saying 18 year old veteran Louie Barry will never next make it
Buendia is now the best player in the world after writing him off all season
Arjan Raikhy is the new Thiago
Kaine Kessler should jump straight from League 2 to replace Cash in the first team 
Boubacar Kamara is the greatest player no one ever seen and his perfect signing for us

Tune in for next week 

So true 😂

• Haha 1

A few comments about him needing to build his strength up but in the main seems to be getting a lot of compliments for his display today, not sure how they were using him previsouly but seen a few of them suggesting that he looks a lot better on the left hand side of a front three, which stands to reason as that's where he usually plays for us, and probably where they should use him going forward if they want to get the best out of him.

After what happened at Ipswich I think just getting game time and experience is the main thing, him starting today is a good sign, had a feeling he would when he didn't come on in the week when they were losing and instead brought on two young players that had been on loan in non league, seemed as if they were saving Barry for this game, hopefully he's done enough to get another start when they play next.

Â