Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 18 of 38)

Tomaszk

On 18/12/2019 at 06:49, A'Villan said:

It's a big game in terms of creating an advantage over Southampton, those below them, on the table, and keeping in touch with mid-table.

However I just want to say to VT that if we lose, there's still over 60 points to play for, so try not to let your angst and disappointment get the best of you.

Second half of the season was always going to be our best, should Smith be up to the task of keeping us in this division, which I think he is and will be.

Like when he took over in the championship, we started with some growing pains, but finished as strong as anyone could of hoped for, reaching our target.

We've had a squad turnover of 40% in comparison to the 5-10% of the rest of the competition. That's a big hurdle to overcome, then you have player inexperience added.

Let's not be pretentious and act like this league owes us a desirable finish because we're Aston Villa. That's not good sportsmanship. That's some pompous self entitled crap.

Let's endeavour to prolong our mainstay status as a club who's given the football world some great memories.

Same goes for Smith and the players, let's be supportive supporters instead of fanatical fans.

We have a coach who's one of us, and one we can be proud of. We have interested and invested owners, who are savvy as well as personable.

We have some capable and promising talent for our playing personnel, many who are only just mature enough to play at this level.

We have a superstar of the league with a decade to go at this level (fingers crossed) who dreams and bleeds for this club as hard as any of us, in Grealish.

For me what would really spoil this season was if the fans turned on the team because of the results with everything considered at this stage of the season.

If you think a winning mentality is about throwing a temper tantrum every time you lose or are disappointed then, I think, you're mistaken.

Perhaps supporting the bluenoses and trying to punch great players from behind is your calling. Or accusing innocents of attempted murder like Bamford did. I don't know.

For me a winning mentality is about wanting to be apart of something that brings out the best in you and those around you.

I can't think of much worse than your own turning on you and telling you you're no good, even if it's got to do with kicking a leather ball around.

Let's be the best 12th man this league has to offer for the remaining 21 cup finals we have.

I am a fan who expects nothing for this league unless, we take it.

going around the pitch, with a bad attitude is equally not my idea of taking it.......but showing Audacity as opposed to melancholy is my idea of taking it.

I agree with you rendition of our ambitions being realistic, but equally we can be self indulgent and happy with a poor performance, that too is not my idea of commitment.

It is very difficult to support a team with just noble intentions and not much else( not saying that is the case, just being wary.)....we must show fight and that means getting close to your opponent and denying them the room to play......All these teams we are facing are good if you let them be.

I still think we have much learning to do in this league......I just hope we have enough to stay in it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

This is MUST WIN for Smith, especially with Poch and Anchelloti available.

Fortunatly deano has decided to get some punches in for this battle with his toe to toe rallying cry which has brought a cresendo of hell yeah's from the fans.King Kodj must start!

Southampton are the unacceptable face of modern football....new stadium one minute...out of business the next, they're famous for being a feeder club for liverpool and not much else and what is that badge all about? a tree hovering over water? absolutly ridiculous did someone on drugs make that up?

Poch would be the best Christmas present ever 😍

My God. That appointment would make me so happy

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

It's a bit of a cliche but it feels like one of those games where whoever scores first could kick on. If we score first then I can see us playing with confidence and say winning comfortably 2-0 or 3-1. If they score first I can see us getting very nervous and that could see us play one of our typical games where we lose 2-1 or something similar...

By us do you mean certain fans who will then become hyper critical thus piling even more pressure on the players ?