Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 18 of 38)

Tomaszk

Southampton aren't great, they've played the bottom teams in their last 6 or 7 games and we've literally played the current top 7. Yes, villa are more equipped than anyone at making a bollox of a good situation but not tomorrow. Tomorrow is the turnaround. The climb starts tomorrow. 

Disclaimer :tomorrow may or may not in fact be the turnaround 

Edited by kiltorken
  • Haha 4

• 3 points will be a nice early Christmas present----and are much needed,  no reason why not---if you are going oil your throats get fully behind The Boys In Claret and Blue--and raise the rafters off this grand old stadium,and lets hear Sweet Caroline echoing around all 4 stands----
  • Come On You Lions---
  • Like 1

Targett to be down at some point with a head injury

Wesley to fall to the ground as a result of a gust of wind and straight away get up and shout at ref 

Heaton to make multiple world class saves

Guilbert to get a second half yellow card

Jack to score the winner 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's a bit of a cliche but it feels like one of those games where whoever scores first could kick on. If we score first then I can see us playing with confidence and say winning comfortably 2-0 or 3-1. If they score first I can see us getting very nervous and that could see us play one of our typical games where we lose 2-1 or something similar...

Probably the most important game of the season so far. A win gives us much needed confidence and I think we’ll get it, just. The 12th man could play a part here. A very nervy afternoon though, but a 2-1 or 3-1 victory. 

premier league football GIF by Aston Villa FC

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Just please start Kodjia

Won't happen mate. In his pre-game interview Dean acknowledged Kodjia's goals, but added that Wes scored too. "Both my CFs scored". Reading between the lines I think Wes starts for sure.

Massive game for both teams. We definitely cannot afford to lose it and hopefully we will win it. Either way it will be tense, close and terrible for the nerves!

Come on Villa. Last chance to give us a Christmas present and we deserve it!

I am going 2-1 Villa..............oh stuff it. It is Christmas after all.............4-0 Wesley hat trick and a goal for SJM on a much needed return to form for Scotland’s best footballer and of course “a partridge in a pear tree!”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Won't happen mate. In his pre-game interview Dean acknowledged Kodjia's goals, but added that Wes scored too. "Both my CFs scored". Reading between the lines I think Wes starts for sure.

If he loses this and Wesley has another shocker things could get rather unpleasant for Dean

I have a feeling the boos will ring out today if we are utter crap for the third week in a row

This is MUST WIN for Smith, especially with Poch and Anchelloti available.

Fortunatly deano has decided to get some punches in for this battle with his toe to toe rallying cry which has brought a cresendo of hell yeah's from the fans.King Kodj must start!

Southampton are the unacceptable face of modern football....new stadium one minute...out of business the next, they're famous for being a feeder club for liverpool and not much else and what is that badge all about? a tree hovering over water? absolutly ridiculous did someone on drugs make that up?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

This is MUST WIN for Smith, especially with Poch and Anchelloti available.

Fortunatly deano has decided to get some punches in for this battle with his toe to toe rallying cry which has brought a cresendo of hell yeah's from the fans.King Kodj must start!

Southampton are the unacceptable face of modern football....new stadium one minute...out of business the next, they're famous for being a feeder club for liverpool and not much else and what is that badge all about? a tree hovering over water? absolutly ridiculous did someone on drugs make that up?

Ancelotti isn’t available, Poch would never come here and Smith isn’t going anywhere.

Kodjia won’t be picked over Wes either as he will be gone in two weeks time

• Haha 1