England v Bulgaria/England v Kosovo

andykeenan

First half I thought we were excellent. 5 goals cant complain about that. Sterling brilliant! Second half although we created chances we let Kosovo back into the game. Macquire no need to give that pen away. Entertaining match though!

Edited by PaulC

First half I thought we were excellent. 5 goals cant complain about that. Sterling brilliant! Second half although we created chances we let Kosavo back into the game. Macquire no need to give that pen away. Entertaining match though!

14 hours ago, useless said:

Rice has looked excellent the few times I've seen him for West Ham, can see why he's been linked to Man City, but he plays in a position where players tend to get vastly underappreciated by a lot of fans.

Absolute class.

A big move will be on the cards within the next 2 years.

I already moaned about Barkley so I won't do it again. I thought Keane and, to a lesser extent, Maguire were just bad last night. Also not massively helped by the full backs. I get that you need to bomb forward against Kosovo at home, but Chilwell didn't seem to offer much of anything in the final third to me. 

5 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Is there any player in World football who is genuinely more consistently threatening than Sterling right now?

Hard to say, kinda difficult to quantify.

He's certainly playing with confidence and in a team (City) who constantly has the ball and is attacking all the time scoring for fun.

That's carrying over to when he's playing for England.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, a m ole said:

I once proclaimed Sterling would go the same way as Wright-Phillips, which is quite embarrassing now. 😂

I am sure about 3 years ago I said he had a footballing brain like Walcott or Gabby

Fair play to him I genuinely didnt see this transformation 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am sure about 3 years ago I said he had a footballing brain like Walcott or Gabby

Amazing what good attitude and good coaches/managers can achieve when combined.

Obviously still need lots of talent.

Count me among those who thought he would turn into another flash in the pan one season wonder English wide players.

Now Rashford on the other hand...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

he was really raw in that great Liverpool attack, he seemed to stutter when getting in to good positions and looked a bit unnatural and uncomfortable leading to bad decision making and more often than not an awkward playing style, even this goal vs joe hart at man city looks a great but very weird kind of goal, he's nearly river dancing before cutting back

I think he would always have been a good player but pep has taken him to another level

Â