England v Bulgaria/England v Kosovo

andykeenan

This team selection is horrendous. 

Do we really need two defensive midfielders against Bulgaria? And for the “creative” player he’s gone for Barkley over Maddison who is a much better player.  Rashford played out of position which keeps Sancho out side? It’s Bulgaria so won’t matter but WTF.

So much of his vow to pick the form players over reputation. He has his favourites same as every manager: Lingard, Gomez and Chamberlin seem to get in the squad regardless of minutes played or form.

We were always going to win this, but the selection is odd. I get not starting Mings as Maguire plays on the left. 

How does Rose and trippier start over Chilwell and Alexander Arnold? Two holding mods, but no Maddison? And the worst **** Rashford over Sancho. Crazy. This is probably the easier of the 2 games as well, so should have played others today. 

Early team news 

Dortmund teenager Jadon Sancho to start ahead of #mufc Marcus Rashford v Kosovo tomorrow night for #england. Southgate promised to “freshen team up” so expect him to change both full backs too, with #lfc Alexander-Arnold and #lcfc Chilwell both coming in.

19 minutes ago, andykeenan said:

Early team news 

Dortmund teenager Jadon Sancho to start ahead of #mufc Marcus Rashford v Kosovo tomorrow night for #england. Southgate promised to “freshen team up” so expect him to change both full backs too, with #lfc Alexander-Arnold and #lcfc Chilwell both coming in.

Get these hash tags away from here! Have them gone!

• Haha 1

On 07/09/2019 at 18:15, AVTuco said:

Enough of this predictable goal scoring and not conceding!

Can't win, can you?

Previously the criticism was that we make hard work of games that we should be winning if we're any good.

Now we routinely spank these countries by 4 goals, despite a supposed "poor team selection" and the whingers are still out in full force.

I think England has a very exciting pool of players for once. But that's probably because it comes across as a blank canvas so far. 

I'd say however, to me it seems that squad is crying out for a player like Grealish. 

And Keane over Mings seems weird. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

7 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Can't win, can you?

Previously the criticism was that we make hard work of games that we should be winning if we're any good.

Now we routinely spank these countries by 4 goals, despite a supposed "poor team selection" and the whingers are still out in full force.

Nature of the qualifiers, they're either boring as **** because they're engineered for us as a top seed to qualify or they're close because we are shit

Add to that some uninspired team selections, 2 sit back midfielders at home vs Bulgaria and Kosovo... Like I said before the midfield is definitely the problem with this England team, its what will stop us from progressing and at the same time Southgate is picking a midfield trio that is not the answer to that problem

Keane over mings and rashford over sancho is disappointing but not a show stopper, that midfield 3 for me is, I am yet to be shown Southgate has progressed this team at all since the WC, which is looking more and more like a fluke

Edited by villa4europe

Â